Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Hero size
Hero size [message #64509] Thu, 25 August 2011 16:31 Go to next message
Hawksworth is currently offline  Hawksworth
Hello

I was wondering, if I remove all files with muscle and whatnot from CHeroMorphDef will that completely revert my hero to how skinny he was just after graduating from the guild?

Thanks
Re: Hero size [message #64517 is a reply to message #64509] Thu, 25 August 2011 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

You will also need to delete the strong and tall bncfg files from CHeroMorphDef, 4577F2CB-HeroMorph. I remove fat.bncfg as well to not have the skinny guy with a plump lower belly.

Re: Hero size [message #64524 is a reply to message #64509] Thu, 25 August 2011 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
If you want him to be skinny all the time then you'll want to put the skinny bone set over all the other ones. Just copy/paste the long number for the weak (or teen for even skinnier) bone morph across all the other ones and you're set.
Re: Hero size [message #64529 is a reply to message #64509] Fri, 26 August 2011 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm, I was kind of hoping to not have him that skinny. I just maxed out health and toughness and he looks ridiculously broad. Just wanted to take him back to a few sizes before.

I guess I could just not level strength anymore, he has the Murren Greathammher and seems to destroy enemies quickly enough.

[Updated on: Fri, 26 August 2011 01:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Hero size [message #64530 is a reply to message #64529] Fri, 26 August 2011 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Well in that case just remove all the bone morphing. The Hero's base size is modest but not pathetically small, nor ridiculously hulk-ish.
Re: Hero size [message #64531 is a reply to message #64530] Fri, 26 August 2011 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm going to try and alter the values in the bncfg files, as I understand it I can 'mess around' with his size to some extent I believe?

So I have found the bone morph files in 4577F2CB HeroMorph, the onl;y thing is I'm not sure which boxes to alter, most of them seem to be set to zero apart from the top 2.

Am I on the right track here?

Many thanks
Re: Hero size [message #64532 is a reply to message #64531] Fri, 26 August 2011 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Hawksworth wrote on Fri, 26 August 2011 05:11

I'm going to try and alter the values in the bncfg files, as I understand it I can 'mess around' with his size to some extent I believe?
If you're talking about the text files in the Bones folder, you can edit those to any extent. But that's not the way to go with this, I assure you.

Hawksworth wrote on Fri, 26 August 2011 05:11

So I have found the bone morph files in 4577F2CB HeroMorph, the onl;y thing is I'm not sure which boxes to alter, most of them seem to be set to zero apart from the top 2.

Am I on the right track here?

Many thanks
Find the bone morphs in the CHeroMorphDef, it's the second section (of four) of the entry, the first being texture morphing and the last two being effects. All you need to do is hit the "Del" button in each listing (I think there's seven or so) until there are no more bone morphs. Click apply changes, save mods and run Fable.

To get an idea of what this will look like in-game before doing it, go to the Hero's Creature entry, scroll down to graphic, open the link the graphics.big entry. In the preview window, you'll see the Hero mesh rotating around, that's what he'll look like in game, structurally. This will give you an idea of the proportions.
Re: Hero size [message #64533 is a reply to message #64532] Fri, 26 August 2011 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok I'm with you now. I'm going to leave beserk in as I'm guessing this is the beserk graphic (der..), which might be fun for an evil playthrough sometime. Also if I delete teen will that mean I bypass the teen graphic when I'm training in the guild? No biggie, just curious and might leave it in if that's the case.

Gracias
Re: Hero size [message #64534 is a reply to message #64533] Fri, 26 August 2011 03:42 Go to previous message

Retired
Hawksworth wrote on Fri, 26 August 2011 05:33

Ok I'm with you now. I'm going to leave beserk in as I'm guessing this is the beserk graphic (der..), which might be fun for an evil playthrough sometime. Also if I delete teen will that mean I bypass the teen graphic when I'm training in the guild? No biggie, just curious and might leave it in if that's the case.
You're right on both counts. If you want to be teen-sized when a teen, and berserk-sized when berserking, you should leave those.
Previous Topic: Old and Bump files
Next Topic: Animation Egg Hunt
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:53:59 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01401 seconds