Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Unknown Crash Cause for Weapon
Unknown Crash Cause for Weapon [message #65034] Mon, 24 October 2011 07:30 Go to next message
Linkxp500 is currently offline  Linkxp500
Yeah, so I've been trying to put the Nayru's Love bow in-game (after I created a new variant, of course). The problem is, I keep crashing when after opening the chest I spawned it in, and after taking the rest of the weapons in the chest, when the bow comes up, it crashes. I've been looking for the cause, from the CAugmentationDef configuration, to CWeaponDef, to everything else I created a new entry for the object.

I do remember editing an entry I created for the bow, but since I won't have access to the desktop for a while, I figured I'd ask this: "Could the edited TEXT_OBJECT_BOW_NAYRUS_LOVE (changed to TEXT_OBJECT_BOW_NAYRUS_LOVE_TITLE) for the bow have created a new entry or changed the numbered ID (Example: 15049 to 15071) after being edited? If so, could that cause the bow to crash the game if the original text title for the bow (TEXT_OBJECT_BOW_NAYRUS_LOVE) is referenced as TEXT_OBJECT_BOW_NAYRUS_LOVE_TITLE?

Something like this is what I mean, if it makes it easier:

-> Original
FileID: TEXT_OBJECT_BOW_NAYRUS_LOVE
Numbered ID: 15049
ReferencedID: TEXT_OBJECT_BOW_NAYRUS_LOVE_TITLE
Content:Nayru's Love

-> Edited
FileID: TEXT_OBJECT_BOW_NAYRUS_LOVE_TITLE (does this turn into a new entry?)
Numbered ID: (does this change after an edit?)
ReferenceID: TEXT_OBJECT_BOW_NAYRUS_LOVE_TITLE
Content: Nayru's Love

If you need me to explain it differently, let me know so I can give you a more accurate situation with pics when I get back to my desktop.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found my answer, but it still doesn't solve my crash problem. I will keep looking for the cause, and if I've any other questions, I will update this post.

EDIT #2: Okay, next question. I think the problem was in the CDefAugmentations, where I believe that the 1st unknown in each box of the Augmentations should go from 1 to 2 to 4 to 8 to 16 to 32 etc., but when editing, I noticed that the unknown in the box between 8 and 16 is 12. Is this supposed to be this way? Or is it a possible cause of the crash?

Do or do not, there is no try. -Yoda, from Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

http://gamercards.playfire.com/_/xbox/634307/0/default.pngXbox Gamercards

[Updated on: Mon, 24 October 2011 11:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Unknown Crash Cause for Weapon [message #65037 is a reply to message #65034] Mon, 24 October 2011 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forget it, I have finally got it working. I will post it in the thread where the original textures came from, and I give full credit to IonXi. Even though I basically made it using the same method as IonXi, and even though I made my own entries that have some similarities to his own, but with differences, such as the description, I want to present the .fmp as an apology for criticizing his package, saying that, in a small tantrum, that he should've had this fixed long ago. Many apologies for my behavior on that thread IonXi, and any Admins or Mods I responded to inappropriately.

Do or do not, there is no try. -Yoda, from Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

[Updated on: Mon, 24 October 2011 13:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Unknown Crash Cause for Weapon [message #65041 is a reply to message #65037] Tue, 25 October 2011 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Glad you got the problem sorted.

For future reference, if you've got something that doesn't work right and need help trouble-shooting, the best way to get some help is to post what you've got. No need to worry about someone stealing it and taking credit, people will do that with the finished product, not a broken release. And when they do steal it, you tell me and I open up a can of banhammer. Wink
Re: Unknown Crash Cause for Weapon [message #65043 is a reply to message #65041] Tue, 25 October 2011 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, I will keep that in mind. Very Happy

Re: Unknown Crash Cause for Weapon [message #65093 is a reply to message #65034] Sat, 29 October 2011 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob1988 is currently offline  rob1988
can i ask what did you do to solve the crash. my entry is different to yours as mine is a full set of plate armour every thing works besides the plate shirt can you give detail on how you solve your problem so i can have some idea where i went worng
Re: Unknown Crash Cause for Weapon [message #65099 is a reply to message #65093] Sat, 29 October 2011 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think it was the fact that not all of the stages of the bow had the same texures, but it may have been an improperly connected ID for one of the CWeaponDef entries. It could also have been the fact that Alpha was enabled on my textures.

Re: Unknown Crash Cause for Weapon [message #65116 is a reply to message #65099] Sun, 30 October 2011 00:27 Go to previous message
rob1988 is currently offline  rob1988
right. thanks now good few things i should of been looking for in the first place. i know my problem is a user error just finding the error is hard but thanks for the tips Very Happy
Previous Topic: Fable: The Uchiha Chronicles [discussion]
Next Topic: Question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:57:57 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01066 seconds