Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » how do youcreate a weapon
icon5.gif  how do youcreate a weapon [message #65625] Sun, 15 January 2012 07:59 Go to next message
gxpkiller

how do you create a completely new weapon??? like make its design, color, actually make it???

[Updated on: Sun, 15 January 2012 08:00]

Report message to a moderator

Re: how do youcreate a weapon [message #65627 is a reply to message #65625] Sun, 15 January 2012 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

First off, you need a modelling program, and a non-MS Paint image editor. I use Blender for modelling, and gimp for image editing. Pretty much, you use blender to make the mesh, gimp to texture it, blender again to apply the texture, add helpers, etc. Paint.NET also works. There's also 3DS max for modelling, and you can do animated meshes with it, problem is 3DS costs money. I don't mean $19.95 either. I'm talking HUGE money. Anyway, I believe morerunes has some tutorials for modelling with blender, and he has a sword template you can use to apply helpers. (Fable weaponry needs those little suckers to run.) You also use the sword template to get a correct scale going. I hope this helps a little. Confused

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: how do youcreate a weapon [message #65636 is a reply to message #65627] Mon, 16 January 2012 15:53 Go to previous message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

If you're a student you can get a student copy of 3DS though for free. That's what I have.

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"

[Updated on: Mon, 16 January 2012 15:53]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Fable: Welcome to MY Nightmare!
Next Topic: changing villager model's
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 10:36:21 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01182 seconds