Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Need help with thunder's shield orientation
Need help with thunder's shield orientation [message #65778] Thu, 09 February 2012 19:51 Go to next message
Oliverio90 is currently offline  Oliverio90
Well I worked really hard to get there and there is one issue i can't fix. I put the shield in my left hand ( as sheathed ranged weapon) but the problem is it's facing wrong way. Anybody has clue of how to fix this. Thanks.
  • Attachment: thunder.png
    (Size: 1.00MB, Downloaded 467 times)
Re: Need help with thunder's shield orientation [message #65781 is a reply to message #65778] Fri, 10 February 2012 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

It's a problem with the shield's helpers. An x axis flip on HDMY_WEAPON_POS_01 or whatever that's called should in theory fix the problem.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Need help with thunder's shield orientation [message #65786 is a reply to message #65778] Fri, 10 February 2012 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay and I do this with Blender right?
If yes, it's the first time I use it and I don't even know how to open the thunder shield mesh in it! :-/
Re: Need help with thunder's shield orientation [message #65791 is a reply to message #65786] Fri, 10 February 2012 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Blender or 3DS max, yes. Go into the mesh entry, and click save model LOD. Save it to your desired directory. If you're using blender, load morerunes' sword template, then delete the katana mesh loaded in there. As the shield will be strictly ornamental as it would seem by your description of its use, delete HPNT_WEAPON_POS_01 and 02. Also delete HDMY_AUG_01 and 02 (You delete objects by right clicking to select, then hitting x.) Now, click file, then import, then click DirectX. Find your mesh file,(be warned the browsing interface on blender is tricky and computer geek oriented) and then move the sole remaining helper to where you want the shield gripped. Now go to file, then click export, then DirectX. Now there will be an item saying Z axis flip. Turn this off. Now load your mesh entry in FE, and then find the button on the mesh entry window saying import. Click it, and import your newly helpered mesh. Click apply changes, then save mods, run fable, and keep your fingers crossed.
This may not work right, I don't know. I hope it does though. Wink
If it doesn't work, try the same thing, this time keeping z axis flip on.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.

[Updated on: Fri, 10 February 2012 13:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Need help with thunder's shield orientation [message #65805 is a reply to message #65791] Sun, 12 February 2012 11:04 Go to previous message
Okay I managed to get it on Blender and I tried what you said but didn't work ! Sad I'll keep trying until it works. Thanks again! Very Happy
Previous Topic: Linux Tip
Next Topic: Problem "inexplicable" O_o
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:17:56 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01206 seconds