Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » Best main combat style for TLC
Best main combat style for TLC [message #66328] Sun, 15 April 2012 18:49 Go to next message
nathangibbs is currently offline  nathangibbs
So basically, I want peoples opinion on the best main combat style for TLC.

Fable is easy enough as it is, true, and if you can't beat fable you have issues.

But what's the best?

I've done a melee, and a range - I am yet to do a will user.

In melee - well if you're like me and get wellow's pickhammer before even fighting the wasp queen thing are a little.....easy? Seriously, get wellow's before wasp queen and you'll see what I mean Razz It has much to be said about it, especially since you can get a large number of powerful melee weapons early on in the game.

Range - my current character is a ranger. The upside is you get experience faster - mainly because you (on most occasions) can't be blocked, and once you level up a bit, you kill groups of bandits and whatnot before they even get close. Basically - more combat multiplier so more experience. The only problem I found is couldn't get decent bow really early, although I bet I could beat fable using only a stick....except for those cases (are there some cases?) that you can't injure enemies with a stick. Once you get skorm's bow, things are easier though. It takes me ages though, I've read a billion sites that say you can do it with neutral at midnight, but I couldn't....

Will - I don't know, I'm yet to try it.

And on another note, I remember when I first saw fable. My friend was always saying that I should have 30k to buy bright plate by the time I got to arena...now I usually have around 80k Razz

Re: Best main combat style for TLC [message #66331 is a reply to message #66328] Sun, 15 April 2012 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

If by best you mean most efficient at making enemies drop like flies, spamming magic is the way to go. If you want fun, a mix of melee and ranged combat is where it's at.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg
Re: Best main combat style for TLC [message #66366 is a reply to message #66331] Tue, 17 April 2012 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
True, using will it's pretty easy to beat down mostly everything. I use physical shield and multi-arrow, but that's about it. Sometimes assassin rush.

What about melee vs ranged?
Re: Best main combat style for TLC [message #66372 is a reply to message #66328] Tue, 17 April 2012 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

Well I wouldn't use ranged if I had 20 bandits sitting about 5 feet in front of me. But then, I wouldn't use melee if there were only a few bandits quite far away from me. Mix is best.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg
Re: Best main combat style for TLC [message #66403 is a reply to message #66372] Thu, 19 April 2012 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If there were 20 bandits 5 feet away from me, I'd move back. Then shoot them Razz
Re: Best main combat style for TLC [message #66405 is a reply to message #66403] Thu, 19 April 2012 16:33 Go to previous message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Oh heck no. I'd just run through brandishing my sword and behead each one of them. (I LOVE swordplay in Fable games.)

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Previous Topic: How to be young on Fable TLC
Next Topic: Is it legal...?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 22:06:28 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01059 seconds