Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Spawning new items
Spawning new items [message #66452] Mon, 23 April 2012 12:20 Go to next message
immy is currently offline  immy
ok ive worked out how to spawn items onto the map and these work ok however i am having issues spawning new items (such as the wooden sword from
http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=7875& ;start=0&

and the amber weapons from
http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=3530& ;start=0&

when i try and place them onto the map the object is white and when i test the map it crashes fable

im using chocolate box to do the changes and im running the cd version of fable on a windows 7 home edition

any help would be great
Re: Spawning new items [message #66453 is a reply to message #66452] Mon, 23 April 2012 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Have you tried putting them in a chest or directly into your inventory? I would ask for the script you used to spawn them, but since you're using ChocolateBox, that isn't the problem. And since you're on Windows 7, just to be certain, read through this primer.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Spawning new items [message #66454 is a reply to message #66453] Mon, 23 April 2012 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eventually i would like to learn how to add items to chests, add to inventory and add to monster drops but I've only just learning absolute basics

ok tried adding to a chest and it crashes after the chest opens

i know the wooden sword did work as the hero had it when he was a child but lost it after going into the guild

[Updated on: Mon, 23 April 2012 15:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Spawning new items [message #66455 is a reply to message #66454] Mon, 23 April 2012 17:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

He'll regain it after becoming an apprentice. As to your chest crashing, be sure you gave it a unique UID, and make sure that your containercontents or whatever it's called starts at 0 and ends at one less than the amount of items put into the chest. If it still doesn't work, I have no idea. And to add the weapons straight to your inventory, go into FE or CBox, open the Hero's CREATURE entry in the game.bin, ID number is 1470. Find the defs labeled Weapon 1 and Weapon 2. Put in the weapon's object ID number in either one, being sure to stay away from the def labeled either Weapon 3 or RangedWeaponDef. Save mods and run Fable. Bam! Your new weaponry is in your Hero's inventory.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Spawning new items [message #66457 is a reply to message #66452] Mon, 23 April 2012 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah looks like ive fixed the error i dont think chocolate box loads mod packs correcly as ive just reverted to a back up loaded a mod in shadownet then loaded cb and the object looks fine will test tonight tho thank you for the help

quick last question though how do you give an object to an enemy to drop when it dies?
Re: Spawning new items [message #66460 is a reply to message #66457] Tue, 24 April 2012 05:20 Go to previous message

Glad you figured it out. I remember now: Unless the FMP was made in CBox, CBox will cause a def mismatch. As to how you can spawn things via creature drops, you may find that info here.

Previous Topic: Fable Tattoos
Next Topic: Hey Guys
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 18:07:43 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01381 seconds