Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Hey Guys
Hey Guys [message #66465] Tue, 24 April 2012 09:44 Go to next message
sparky is currently offline  sparky
Hello! you can guess pretty quickly I'm slap bang new here... and I'm sorry if this username has been used by someone else and will happily change it if that is the case to avoid confusion and offence.

These question have more then likely been asked before, but nothing came up on the searches, so here goes!

I'm very new to modding, never tried it before,I've already downloaded blender and the fable explorer and I've made a backup of my whole data folded to be on the safe side.Are there any other programs that would be highly recommended for a novice like myself?

I also ask if there is any form of list of recommended mods, again I did do a search but didn't find anything on this regard... I'm beginning to suspect I'm not very good at searching...
Re: Hey Guys [message #66466 is a reply to message #66465] Tue, 24 April 2012 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Well, considering you already have FE, I would reccomend either ChocolateBox or AlbionExplorer for chest spawning and other level edits. Keep in mind, to use AlbionExplorer, you must have used the freeroam app.
The use of freeroam will also allow you to use level edits others have uploaded in the form of .tng files. Also, for retextures, I reccomend either of two image editing programs: gimp or Paint.net. Both are excellent freeware alternatives to Photoshop, and have essentially the same capabilities.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Hey Guys [message #66468 is a reply to message #66466] Tue, 24 April 2012 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

Welcome to the site, looks like you're already way ahead of most newcomers Smile

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Hey Guys [message #66469 is a reply to message #66465] Wed, 25 April 2012 00:34 Go to previous message
sparky is currently offline  sparky
thank you both for the welcomes and the advice that was given, true I'm slightly further ahead, but thats only in programs, in skills I'm more then likely very far behind.

I did download a couple of mods, which enable staffs in to the game, but for some reason the staff models mess up my data files, more to the point, my graphics.big.... stuff, I know this isn't the place to complain so I wont be, just wondering if you guys were able to explain why this is happening and a possible work around.

Here is a link to the page and the mods in question http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=20557& amp; amp;&srch=staff+animations#msg_20557 and yes, I did follow his detailed instructions, sadly with no success. Also, just to add, it seems that its the '1Staff set.fmp' that is the problem... if that is any help.

[Updated on: Wed, 25 April 2012 00:35]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Spawning new items
Next Topic: Fable Tattoos 2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:17:29 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01154 seconds