Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » Importing Xfiles Technical problem
icon5.gif  Importing Xfiles Technical problem [message #66761] Mon, 04 June 2012 15:59 Go to next message
keeton2009 is currently offline  keeton2009
Made a pretty cool sword in 3ds max, download chocolate box and Xfile exporter plugin. But when i go to Import LOD model for a basic Iron sword, I get "Object references not set to an instance of an object" Im not really sure what to do, i have some Novice modeling skills (In college Smile) and im pretty familiar with chocolate box so help is appreciated Smile

[Updated on: Mon, 04 June 2012 16:00]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Importing Xfiles Technical problem [message #66763 is a reply to message #66761] Mon, 04 June 2012 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

Unfortunately, any model with "sword" in any part of it is going to have problems because it directX "sword" is a reserved phrase (much like "dword")

try a pickaxe Smile

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Importing Xfiles Technical problem [message #66767 is a reply to message #66763] Mon, 04 June 2012 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm still nuthing, i dont really understand the problem :/
Re: Importing Xfiles Technical problem [message #66768 is a reply to message #66767] Mon, 04 June 2012 18:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

What he means is that the word sword will not be recognised as it should be. It will be recognised along the same lines as a dword. Change it to blade, or hilt, or pwnsauce, something along those lines so that it will be properly recognised and processed. You can find more info on the subject in this stickied thread.
Now you know why my signature mentions stickies. Wink

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Importing Xfiles Technical problem [message #66769 is a reply to message #66768] Mon, 04 June 2012 18:13 Go to previous message
The Thing is my models called Svard not sword HAHA XD
Previous Topic: Model export Question!
Next Topic: Easy Modeling using Inkscape and Blender
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:28:18 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01252 seconds