Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » Second arena?
Second arena? [message #66797] Thu, 07 June 2012 21:46 Go to next message
Deridor is currently offline  Deridor
Is there a mod/way to make a mod that adds a second quest in the arena? I don't mean simply entering the area again, but fighting in the arena with possibly new enemies.

I was thinking of an endgame sort of thing, something that would take all the power you can get.
Re: Second arena? [message #66800 is a reply to message #66797] Fri, 08 June 2012 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Deridor wrote on Fri, 08 June 2012 00:46

Is there a mod/way to make a mod that adds a second quest in the arena? I don't mean simply entering the area again, but fighting in the arena with possibly new enemies.

I was thinking of an endgame sort of thing, something that would take all the power you can get.

We can't do new quests yet. The .exe needs to be further delved into before that can happen.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Second arena? [message #66803 is a reply to message #66797] Fri, 08 June 2012 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm... what about a psuedo-arena? just a multiple round thing rather than a quest? perhaps the hobbe guarded demon door (spawns multiple waves of hobbes) can point out ways to do it...

Idk the limitations of modding fable D:
Re: Second arena? [message #66804 is a reply to message #66803] Fri, 08 June 2012 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Alright, lemme put it like this. It is possible to replay the arena, there is at least one mod to do so. Also, there is already a second arena quest for good Heroes in which Jack sends waves of enemies at you. The way you're trying to go about things simply won't be able to be done until we can get the right stuff figured out in the exe. The closest we can do to a quest is use the Darkwood silver key cutscene trigger to create a cutscene which gives you directions, which you then follow to an area, which has some other form of directions, you follow that, etc. etc. There's still lots of things possible though. For example, creating new weapons and armor, both from existing ones and from scratch. We can edit spells, though not make new ones, we can edit levels, though not make new ones, nor mess with their landscape without some serious hex editing of the .stb(A horrendous mess of hexadecimal code with a hodgepodge of heightmaps, and occasional meshes and textures, as well as a bunch of other crap I don't know about.). We can also make new augmentations and even assign new effects to said new augmentations. And who knows, maybe quests and spells will be opened up with EternalNoob's exe crap. That being said, explore the site, have fun, and if you can, please contribute. Wink

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.

[Updated on: Fri, 08 June 2012 14:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Second arena? [message #66805 is a reply to message #66797] Fri, 08 June 2012 18:21 Go to previous message
Thanks. Since this thread is over anyways, I WAS planning to make something... A katana (or maybe weapon set...) based on ronok the axe.
Previous Topic: Anti-Bulk?
Next Topic: Minion dual bladed weapons?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:58:57 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01151 seconds