Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » A Good Mod
A Good Mod [message #66912] Sat, 30 June 2012 19:57 Go to next message
Tommy Botham is currently offline  Tommy Botham

Leech
Where did Fable go wrong? The awesomeness that was Fable:TLC was ruined with the increasing retardedness of Fable 2 and Fable 3.. Both terrible and boring games.

But after many years I finally got TLC on the PC to relive my younger memories.

I need a mod that provides:

More Missions (side quests really)
More numerous Monsters to kill or a higher difficulty curve (tougher enemies maybe that need to be killed strategically for instance)
Better Item drops from enemies.
A few more treasure chests, especially in the Frozen Wastes.
More ways to make money.. Like maybe a mercenary job where you kill specific monsters or even other heroes.
More incentive to use the 'Guile' Skills. Like Sneaking, Picklocking and Stealing? We need better and regenerating rewards for that. Like maybe in Bowerstone North (rich part), the houses and shops regularly keep good stuff, so we steal stuff every night.

I don't want any new skins or weapons or armour, the items already in Fable: TLC are perfect. Just that the only way to really get a decent amount of money was saving all the Emeralds and buying/reselling.

Is there a mod that can do all of the above? I really want to get the best out of this game. Many thanks in advance.
Re: A Good Mod [message #66914 is a reply to message #66912] Sat, 30 June 2012 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

Start here:
http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=7218& ;start=0&
Then look around in the mods sections and do some searching. Many of the things you want can be done, not new quests though, but you won't find it all in one mod. It will take some work on your part to find what you want. Welcome to the site.

Re: A Good Mod [message #66920 is a reply to message #66912] Sun, 01 July 2012 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tommy Botham is currently offline  Tommy Botham

Leech
The only ones that look remotely good are the bandit/enemy spawn and the 'increased difficulty' mods. But they look unorganized and potentially messy..

Isn't there a concrete mod that everyone uses/has used?
Re: A Good Mod [message #66922 is a reply to message #66920] Sun, 01 July 2012 09:15 Go to previous message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Nope. Just search around and mix and match the mods till you get what you need. Or learn how to do what you want to do yourself, then do it. And if it works, feel free to release it. Keep in mind that the following things that you mentioned are currently out of our reach: new quests, the mercenary job you mentioned, and regenerating stealables.
The stealables specifically is impossible to do because stealables are done via a container def which allows them to have items within. By generating a new UID for those you MIGHT be able to reset them, but unless you were to create a tool that could reset the UID after you leave the area, it would be a pain in the butt.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Previous Topic: Trader Making
Next Topic: Need Help How To Change Weapon Skins
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:25:02 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01176 seconds