Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Retextures » High Res Barrels
High Res Barrels [message #67004] Wed, 18 July 2012 06:41 Go to next message
DavidKron is currently offline  DavidKron

Seing that no one has actually started a retexturing project i guess il have to take care of that aswell...

Anyway heres the barrels to get me started...

http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/2233/highresbarrel.jpg

This one is 2x the original. Im curius on making a 4x texture...

David
Re: High Res Barrels [message #67005 is a reply to message #67004] Wed, 18 July 2012 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zyreq is currently offline  Zyreq
This is great work. The fmp and .big work fine. Maybe you should do a grass retex next Smile? The grass text has always bugged me.

No, no word of a lie, never' a lie, seventeen cows I stopped 'em with moi.. one 'and.
Re: High Res Barrels [message #67006 is a reply to message #67005] Wed, 18 July 2012 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Looks awesome. I personally would love to see the same done to chests.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: High Res Barrels [message #67007 is a reply to message #67004] Wed, 18 July 2012 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks Smile

Important
Im trying to make the stonewalls in bowerstone 4x but for somereason they get scaled down and then up in game.

Do you have any idea why? And most important, why this dosnt happen with the barrel?

Since this dosnt happen with the barrel, im thinking that it may be some kind of property the object gets. If so then maybe there could be a way to modify it.

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/4774/scaledup.jpg

What you see here is a clear sample of scaling a low res pic up with bicubic scaling. What before where pixels are now blurred dots.

This is actually a 2048 x 2048. And ive tried 1024 x 1024, same thing happens there.

Not important
Also im quite shocked to see that no one has actually tried to do this before. Im actually mainly a c++ programmer.... I just took some royaltyfree textures from the web and photoshoped around a bit.

And also if anyone gets a hold on the Fable Explorer Dev id like to speak with him.

Im also a bit interested in increasing the poly count on some models... Il se what il do next. Its a bit sad no one has done a cartoony wind waker style retexture also... Wouldnt be to hard. Just some simple colors with inbaked lightning gradients..

David

[Updated on: Fri, 20 July 2012 04:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: High Res Barrels [message #67008 is a reply to message #67007] Wed, 18 July 2012 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IDontKnow
The developer/(s) for Fable Explorer are usually on the IRC, you can catch them there I think.

Fable does sometimes render textures incorrectly, so I would say the best course of action is to play around a little more with different settings and sizes (ie 512px) to see if it'll work.

Also: Nice retexture, the barrels look good Smile

27/4/11 23:XX (11:XX Pm) She went to a better place. 28/4/11 10:XX She was burried; RIP

Leren van de taal van Nederland is leuk.
Ik heb nog veel te leren, hoewel.

Tengo la ambición de aprender a español.
Yet I have no idea how to start.
Re: High Res Barrels [message #67009 is a reply to message #67008] Wed, 18 July 2012 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks.

512 is the original size,wich it otherwise scales it down to before it scales it up agen.

When you get closer to any mesh the texture scales up. This does ofcourse happen to a 512 x 512 texture. However if its actually anything else but 512 x 512 it gets scaled to 512 x 512 before it is rendered on the mesh.

In other words, no it does not happen to a 512 texture because it is already 512 x 512 pixels.

Hope you understand what i mean Razz

And i dont think its just a coincidence, a bug or something happening incorrectly. Theres a reason why it does like this and i want to find out why. I dont think Microsoft Games would let any of their studios have an engine that sometimes "renders incorrectly" using their DirectX API. Razz

David
Re: High Res Barrels [message #67010 is a reply to message #67004] Thu, 19 July 2012 17:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I have a hard time finding the right grass textures to edit.

Ive changed almost all textures i can find containing the words Landscape but still se no change ingame. Its almost as if the grass is hardcoded or something. It wont budge.

Ive tried changing textures to their names initials in big black text on a white background but i cant find any of those ingame.

Its basically all textures named LANDSCAPE_ *** GRASS***.

David
Re: High Res Barrels [message #67011 is a reply to message #67010] Thu, 19 July 2012 17:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

There's a lot of duplicate textures around, and I personally haven't been able to load high res textures into FE or CBox without it crashing. :/

Your barrels look great though, and I'm working on a program called BigTools that will hopefully let people bulk load and save game textures

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"

[Updated on: Thu, 19 July 2012 17:39]

Re: High Res Barrels [message #67017 is a reply to message #67004] Fri, 20 July 2012 04:26 Go to previous message

I finally found them. They are all named UNASSIGNED_GRASS *** and should be imported as DXT3´s.

However, now i get the same problem as before. Sad

It probably happen for every texture that appears on differently sized polygons.

The texture for the barrels for example. Is only used on the barrels and does not apear on any other polygon sizes ingame.

Hopefully there is a way i can extract this attribute and insert it on other meshes. unfortunately tough, the terrain isnt bound to any "mesh" or "object" as far as i know.

David

[Updated on: Fri, 20 July 2012 04:54]

Previous Topic: avatar mod
Next Topic: Realistic Sharingan
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:45:08 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01513 seconds