Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Need help with language!
icon4.gif  Need help with language! [message #67026] Fri, 20 July 2012 18:30 Go to next message
John117 is currently offline  John117
Ok, here's my problem. I live in Mexico and I bought the Fable The Lost Chapters, but the problem is that the game language is Spain spanish and I hate it. I was searching for a patch or mod that changes de language to english, but I did'nt find one. So please tell me that there is a mod or something. Sorry for my bad english Razz
Re: Need help with language! [message #67028 is a reply to message #67026] Fri, 20 July 2012 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

You're in luck! I think I just figured out how to read text data from a .big file.

For you, this means I may be able to write an app to translate the game for you. But it'll take some time, so I'll get back to you on that soon. I'll try to let you know in the next day or so if I can do it, and give you a time estimate

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Need help with language! [message #67029 is a reply to message #67026] Fri, 20 July 2012 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sativarg is currently offline  Sativarg
Translating this would be great for so many reasons and the patch will help some others out there too but I just wanted to offer an alternative...
Buy Fable The Lost Chapters
Save 40% on Fable - The Lost Chapters on Steam
SUMMER SALE! Offer ends July 23rd
-40%
was $9.99 now $5.99
Just a thought. even though you have it already for six bucks you could be playing today.

Update found this info as well that may be of some use here
Google Translate for Fable - The Lost Chapters (Deutschpatch)
"quoted"

also:Languages: English*, French*, German*, Italian*, Japanese*, Simplified Chinese*, Spanish*
*languages with full audio support

[Updated on: Fri, 20 July 2012 21:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Need help with language! [message #67030 is a reply to message #67029] Fri, 20 July 2012 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

Coolness! That's better than my solution.

I was just about to post an application to extract all the text data Wink

(which would then presumably have to be translated by some other program and re-imported by another version of the program that I'd have to write)

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"

[Updated on: Fri, 20 July 2012 22:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Need help with language! [message #67032 is a reply to message #67030] Sat, 21 July 2012 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sativarg is currently offline  Sativarg
Well OK but I still think being able to work with the text like that would be great. I am not sure if there is still as much need as there was once.
I suppose if every one could just download a patch for the languages less people would need to buy the game.
Re: Need help with language! [message #67033 is a reply to message #67028] Sat, 21 July 2012 19:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey thanks for the help, I really hope you can do it! I love the english voices, so it would be awesome not only for me, but for all those who want to translate their game. Thanks man! Smile
Re: Need help with language! [message #67034 is a reply to message #67029] Sat, 21 July 2012 19:11 Go to previous message
Hey thanks for the solution, but I really don't want to buy it again. But I like that you offer this option, maybe in the future if I can't find a patch or a mod ^^
Previous Topic: Alternative Soundtrack v1.0
Next Topic: When I use ShadowNet or Fable Explorer?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 06:34:30 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01164 seconds