Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Creating FMPs more easily
Creating FMPs more easily [message #67378] Sat, 06 October 2012 15:47 Go to next message
primavista is currently offline  primavista
Me again. In the process of getting my FMP ready, but I was just wondering if there's an easier way to go about it? Apparently there's no multiple select feature on FableExplorer, and having to add all the CDef entries (the InventoryItem and StockItem Defs in particular) is taking forever, and I'm constantly worrying and backtracking to see if I've missed any - which I probably have.

Apart from making an FMP, is there any other way to go about this? I'm not sure how I'd create one, but would some kind of installer program be viable?

Basically, I've shot myself in the foot by doing so much work, and I'd rather not miss any out. Sad

Thanks, guys. Very Happy

"A humorous anecdote that makes you crease every time you read it."

"Great quote that is both philosophical and quality banter." - Some legendary person
Re: Creating FMPs more easily [message #67379 is a reply to message #67378] Sat, 06 October 2012 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zyreq is currently offline  Zyreq
Just use Choco Box's handy object builder Razz . I'm sure morerunes has a tutorial on how to use it lying around here somewhere.

No, no word of a lie, never' a lie, seventeen cows I stopped 'em with moi.. one 'and.
Re: Creating FMPs more easily [message #67383 is a reply to message #67379] Sun, 07 October 2012 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

Bam

The object builder is cool, and may help out a lot. This isn't going to cut out all the work, but if you would rather you could create mergeable bin and big files instead of an fmp

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"

[Updated on: Sun, 07 October 2012 10:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Creating FMPs more easily [message #67384 is a reply to message #67378] Sun, 07 October 2012 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
primavista is currently offline  primavista
Thanks, morerunes, that sounds like a plan. Very Happy

I understand how to make mergeable .big files with ShadowNet, but I'm not too sure how doing the same with .bin files works. There's a Save As... function when I right-click the Game and Script sections, so presumably I'd be able to save my edited .bins and then people could replace their own with mine, but I'm not sure if that's allowed? Confused

Sorry if I'm being a little clueless, but is that how this would work? Very Happy

"A humorous anecdote that makes you crease every time you read it."

"Great quote that is both philosophical and quality banter." - Some legendary person
Re: Creating FMPs more easily [message #67385 is a reply to message #67384] Sun, 07 October 2012 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

Yeah, it's best to only distribute the content you created. As for actually making the mergeable big/bins, I'm honestly not sure. I never really tried it myself.

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Creating FMPs more easily [message #67388 is a reply to message #67378] Mon, 08 October 2012 22:37 Go to previous message
Lenop is currently offline  Lenop
I do most of my work in Shadownet and yes, packaging FMPs can be quite the task.

What I've learned this past week is that there are many benefits to naming/renaming entries you've edited, the relevant one here is that you can use Shadownet's search function to find all the entries and just slide them over to the FMP window. Probably don't want to rename the main entries like OBJECTs though, unless you're creating a new item or npc. And I haven't tested this yet, but I think creating easy "uninstall" mods should be possible doing things this way.
Previous Topic: Looking around.
Next Topic: Quick FMP question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 01 16:21:26 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01566 seconds