Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Reproducing the hero.
Reproducing the hero. [message #67437] Fri, 12 October 2012 03:19 Go to next message
Lenop is currently offline  Lenop
Can this be done?

What I'd ultimately like to achieve is to have several different types of new heroes, all using the player hero mesh but taking advantage of different combat animations and styles. Make some evil, make some good, give them different stats, give them varying armor options via CCreatureDef and some tricky mesh work, unique swords and bows/crossbows, maybe shields and sheathes and quivers too. And maybe some magic. Magic is good.

Since the CCreatureDef only allows for replacing of head, torso and leg meshes, I went and combined a few torso and glove armor pieces as well as trouser and boot pairs. And because I want the head to be either covered in a helmet or horns I combined those as well, just haven't put together the CCreatureDefs yet because I'm not sure how to go about the rest of the binary stuff.

I've tried making a new creature with all of the hero's properties, using bandits or rival heroes to fill in some gaps here and there. This only produces a crash. Any tips would be most appreciated.
Re: Reproducing the hero. [message #67438 is a reply to message #67437] Fri, 12 October 2012 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nicomon is currently offline  nicomon
There's customizable npc somewhere on the site that's reasonably close to what you're describing. Maybe that'll help.

I divided by zero and survived.
Two of Diamonds, people. This is important.
Re: Reproducing the hero. [message #67439 is a reply to message #67437] Fri, 12 October 2012 17:32 Go to previous message
Lenop is currently offline  Lenop
Ah, this. It's quite different from what I'm hoping to accomplish, however it can very easily be adapted into what I want. A very big help, thank you nicomon. Smile

[Updated on: Fri, 12 October 2012 17:36]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Armour value discovery
Next Topic: How to add combat techniques to body guards?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:30:20 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01283 seconds