Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Creating a Portal
Creating a Portal [message #67270] Tue, 28 August 2012 08:45 Go to next message
Jonte54 is currently offline  Jonte54
Hello Guys.

I've been trying find how i would make a 2 way portal appearing infront of the gate inside the Bronze gate after you've defeated jack for the second time. as i said this portal will appear inside bronze gate after defeating him and whne you step on it you would be teleported to inside of the Arena. ( The battle ring ) where you can find a chest which needs 30 keys to be unlocked

Important. NONE of these stuffs can be visible / exsist before defeating " dragon jack "

Would be most appreciated if someone could help me through all this !

I'm using ShadowNet
ChocolateBox
Notepad for changing the .Tng files?

[Updated on: Tue, 28 August 2012 08:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Creating a Portal [message #67272 is a reply to message #67270] Tue, 28 August 2012 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Final-Z is currently offline  Final-Z
I'm not sure the part that says ''after defeating the dragon'' can be done... But you instead modify another map, and create and small place that cannot be accessed by putting random barriers in the way, and place the teleporter in that zone!

I can't help you for the rest though, I never tried to do such things myself...
Re: Creating a Portal [message #67275 is a reply to message #67272] Tue, 28 August 2012 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonte54 is currently offline  Jonte54
Well I'm pretty sure it can be done. Since I read on another thread that you can make chests appear during certain quests eetc or after so should be doable.. well if anyone have another idea on how I could do feel free to write down how it's done^^

What I want is Basically that after you've defeated jack for the second time you'll get a portal or something to a zone where you can't get otherwise before killing "the dragon"
Re: Creating a Portal [message #67500 is a reply to message #67275] Tue, 30 October 2012 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Attiman is currently offline  Attiman
Do you mean, a the player can walk through the portal and he will end up being in a different place?
If you do so, i will try to find it out.
It looks pretty easily.. actually ( just have to find out )
Take these portals which leads you to the next place,
Spawn one where ever you want, and change the teleport Code's
Re: Creating a Portal [message #67523 is a reply to message #67270] Sun, 04 November 2012 20:17 Go to previous message
Lenop is currently offline  Lenop
This can be done. The best way is using the quest sections for the fresco paintings. If you throw this portal, teleporter whatever inside the right quest section in the TNGs, it'll only show up after killing the dragon.

XXXSectionStart Hook_Fresco_13_KilledScorpion;

scripts for teleporter stuff

XXXSectionEnd;
Previous Topic: Tutorial - How to change Expirience Costs on Skills
Next Topic: Modding tools fail?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 00:16:49 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01075 seconds