Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » CTextureReplacementDef Help.
CTextureReplacementDef Help. [message #67734] Sat, 29 December 2012 00:45 Go to next message
Katos is currently offline  Katos

I'm making a new armor set for my character and I've managed to create all of the pieces of it successfully, when I've reached into the sword I did create everything but I'm stuck at CTextureReplacementDef, for some reason it wont replace the stock texture with my custom one.

So, here's what I did:
1) I've created a new CTextureReplacementDef to replace the texture of OBJECT_CRYSTAL_CUTLASS whith my OBJECT_CUSTOM_SWORD.
2) I've added that def onto the Cdef section of my sword and gave it the id 2210195725 (CTextureReplacementDef). Underneath it where it says CDefDataEntry I've inserted the custom TextureReplacementDef that I've created for my sword and at InheritedEntryID I've inserted the ObjectId of my sword.
3) Inside the CTextureReplacementDef, at "Texture to Replace" I've used the stock texture of OBJECT_CRYSTAL_CUTLASS (4008) and underneath it "Replacement Texture" I've used my custom texture id.

Everything I did is perfect, but every time I log into the game and spawn my sword it comes up with it's stock texture. I'm gonna search more thoroughly for it and see what might causes this, till then though any help would be much appreciated.

Oh I've included some screenshots to help you better:

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa336/alikianos94/j17l7q-1.png
REVENGE
SOLVES
EVERYTHING
Re: CTextureReplacementDef Help. [message #67737 is a reply to message #67734] Sun, 30 December 2012 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

I've never used this method, so I would love to see someone get that to work.

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: CTextureReplacementDef Help. [message #67738 is a reply to message #67737] Mon, 31 December 2012 01:04 Go to previous message
Katos is currently offline  Katos

Well, I've found an alternative way to solve my problem. I took the stock model of OBJECT_CRYSTAL_CUTLASS, renamed it to CORVO_SWORD and added it into graphics.big with the new textures applied. Although I'm curious to know why this CTextureReplacementDef did not work on the weapon while I've got it working on all the other pieces.

Edit: I've found my answer. With a little bit of digging around the forum of course. So according to that topic (unless I'm mistaken) my sword must not have a "shared texture" but there actually are different versions of my sword like OBJECT_IRON_CUTLASS. The sword should've included some CTextureReplacementDef on it. That's strange (or it's just Microsoft being Microsoft).

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa336/alikianos94/j17l7q-1.png
REVENGE
SOLVES
EVERYTHING

[Updated on: Mon, 31 December 2012 01:12]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Fable Title
Next Topic: A few simple questions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 03:19:21 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01308 seconds