Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » Fable Explorer Freezes and Shadownet doesnt start at all
icon5.gif  Fable Explorer Freezes and Shadownet doesnt start at all [message #67831] Thu, 21 February 2013 07:02 Go to next message
dm986 is currently offline  dm986
I have windows 7, 2gb ram, and intel hd graphics.
so i'm not new to modding games just new to modding fable tlc. I read the modding tutorial and the windows vista/7 tutorial. First of all i've been modding games for a while now. most are pretty straight forward, just place the downloaded mod into one of the folders and thats that. in my experience of modding games all of them advise against installing the game in program files or program files (x86) because of the takeown thing. so subsequently i never had to type the takeown command. since it's not in program files or (x86) do i still have to use it? because i did and i got this message "the current logged on user does not have ownership privileges on the file <or folder> C/Games/Fable The Lost Chapters".

also when i opened up fable explorer, it freezes on the main screen, i have to open task manager and there's 2 things on task manager with fable explorer that i have to end. one is the splash screen the other is the program. when i click on a different window (ie firefox) while fable explorer is still running the splash screen follows and doesn't go away.

then I downloaded ShadowNet hoping it would work instead of FE. I also added the def.xml document into the folder. When I click on that fable explorer it just pops up a window " Fable explorer has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution".

One last thing. On Shadownet, Fable Explorer and Fable.exe, I did the compatibility for windows xp sp3 and check the run as administrator box. Still nothing

Any help will be greatly appreciated thanks
Re: Fable Explorer Freezes and Shadownet doesnt start at all [message #67832 is a reply to message #67831] Thu, 21 February 2013 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

There are likely error messages hiding under the splash screen. That happens sometimes, you can kill them by pressing space several times.

It could be that you don't have the prerequisites, or that your registry settings are not recognized

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Fable Explorer Freezes and Shadownet doesnt start at all [message #67836 is a reply to message #67832] Thu, 21 February 2013 11:46 Go to previous message
dm986 is currently offline  dm986
excellent thanks!
Previous Topic: ShadowNet Issues
Next Topic: ERROR: Unable to locate Fable registry information.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:53:08 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01146 seconds