Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » Fable Explorer and Shadownet is ill :(
icon4.gif  Fable Explorer and Shadownet is ill :( [message #67848] Sun, 03 March 2013 11:31 Go to next message
moderndwalfare is currently offline  moderndwalfare
I just brought a copy of Fable TLC from steam last two weeks ago. Annnnnd. I downloaded fable TLC and Shadownet. At first I run it and it said "OBVIOUSLY YOU FREAKIN KNOOWWW" the main frame thingy majigg. And I made the shadow net thingy-ma-bob userreg to false and made the path to

c:\Users\MAHNAME\My Documents\My Games\Fable\Saves\ Which is orginally... were my saves are basically were steam put e'm.

I have the directx 11 and visual thingy ma bob 2008 and 2010 and a computer that can run crysis 3 like a baws! and the .net frame work is fine too.

done all that stuff.

I'm running windows 7

So.. also I got the setup installer for fable tlc and... as soon as I open it "FableExplorer.exe has stopped working" and exits. Sad sad. anyways so yeah I went back to Shadownet and IT WERKEEDD yay Very Happy. but when I went to load an fmp.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

HUH? so I tried it with atleast 5 mods and the same message appeared and I installed the new 4.1 beta for FE and it says the EXACT same thing??

I can't get that stupid error message to peace off!

Double or nothin'!
Re: Fable Explorer and Shadownet is ill :( [message #67849 is a reply to message #67848] Sun, 03 March 2013 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

When you start shadownet do you see a list of files in the box at the top left?

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Fable Explorer and Shadownet is ill :( [message #67865 is a reply to message #67849] Sun, 10 March 2013 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
awsdert is currently offline  awsdert
Don't know about him but I'm not seeing anything there either, haven't been able to load any mods either.
Here's my settings for shadownet (others are similar if I can set them)
<FableExplorer>
	<ApplicationSettings>
		<UseRegistry>FALSE</UseRegistry>
		<RegistryPath>SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Microsoft Games\\Fable TLC\\</RegistryPath>
		<InstallDirectory>c:\Apps86\Games\MSGames\Fable\</InstallDirectory>
		<InternalSplash>FALSE</InternalSplash>
		<SplashFileName>Shadow Net.jpg</SplashFileName>
	</ApplicationSettings>		
</FableExplorer>

The default path that was there did not exist in my registry so I had to search for anything containing the name.
I'm on Win7x64 and to avoid the whole permissions issue I've simply been installing my apps to my own folders.

Edit: Found solution, mod file must be faulty though because it cannot read to end of stream. Follow this link:
http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=9043& ;amp ;start=0&
I changed the above to mimic my new settings.

Jehovah our God who created us all should come before all else.

[Updated on: Mon, 11 March 2013 01:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fable Explorer and Shadownet is ill :( [message #67866 is a reply to message #67865] Sun, 10 March 2013 11:51 Go to previous message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

make sure there is a '\' at the end of the path in the registry, otherwise fable explorer chokes

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Previous Topic: ERROR: Unable to locate Fable registry information.
Next Topic: Shadownet Not Loading
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:15:57 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01015 seconds