Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » Edited Quests?
icon3.gif  Edited Quests? [message #67069] Thu, 26 July 2012 09:52 Go to next message
SlyNerd is currently offline  SlyNerd
Could someone edit the quests in the game, some of them are suprisingly easy. For example the first quest, you need 3 gold for the Box Of Chocolates, is there anyway to make it so that you need 5 gold for the box of chocolates? I have more suggestions but I can't think of them for some reason, anyways thanks for reading my suggestion if you do!
Re: Edited Quests? [message #67258 is a reply to message #67069] Sun, 26 August 2012 16:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
The price of the chocolates has nothing to do with the quest.
Go to "CStockItemDef" in the chocolates object then go to object value and change it to 5.

Are you shpongled?
Re: Edited Quests? [message #67266 is a reply to message #67069] Mon, 27 August 2012 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Final-Z is currently offline  Final-Z
Are you sure it is related only to the price? I mean, that trader is not a normal trader creature, it is scripted for the quest no? I mean that it's not working with a buy and sell section, so maybe the price is said in the quest rather than in the CStock...

Even if it works, the subtitle will still indicates 3 gold pieces and the trader won't say 5, I wish you good luck to make it look natural :/

I just hope I'm not saying ridiculous crap here ^^
Re: Edited Quests? [message #67267 is a reply to message #67266] Mon, 27 August 2012 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

The quest uses a different box that the one used in the rest of the game, it uses:
OBJECT_CHOCOLATE_BOX_UNGIVEABLE

That one doesn't have a stock item def, it is scripted to be worth 3 gold coins somewhere I guess. Maybe you could add a stock item def.

Re: Edited Quests? [message #67919 is a reply to message #67069] Mon, 18 March 2013 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fabler is currently offline  Fabler
Quests aren't completely editable at this point.

You can only do 4 good deeds. That'll get you 4 gold.

Anyway, the trader's voice says three gold coins, which has been recorded already. You'd have to re-record it or something and implement it, which you probably won't be able to do easily.

Great idea, though.

assassin
Re: Edited Quests? [message #67920 is a reply to message #67919] Mon, 18 March 2013 10:46 Go to previous message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

Look at dates before posting. If a thread is over a month old and you don't have important info to add, or an equally important question to ask, don't post. Have a look at the site rules to make your time here easier:
http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=14&s tart=0&
Also look at stickies in each section for separate section guidelines.

Previous Topic: Hood hats?
Next Topic: Adding or removing augments to weapons?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 03:55:59 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01308 seconds