Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » How do I mod the sound files?
How do I mod the sound files? [message #68121] Wed, 01 May 2013 22:07 Go to next message
blossom is currently offline  blossom
I'm trying to change the soundtrack. I've replaced a sound file, same file type same name. But all there is is silence. What am I doing wrong?
Re: How do I mod the sound files? [message #68122 is a reply to message #68121] Wed, 01 May 2013 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

They need to be a particular vorbis encoding, and you can really only mess with the .ogg files.

- edit -

My response wasn't particularly helpful I think, but if you could give me a little more information I might be able to better help you. I haven't gotten much sleep, so I'm a little fuzzy on all the details right now, sorry Razz

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"

[Updated on: Wed, 01 May 2013 23:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How do I mod the sound files? [message #68123 is a reply to message #68121] Wed, 01 May 2013 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Honestly that's all I want to do, edit a couple of the .ogg files here and there. What are the specifics for getting them to work?

Specifically, I'm trying to do is change OAKVALE.ogg.
I converted an mp3 to ogg, renamed it OAKVALE.ogg and replaced the previous file, but it only ends up with silence.

[Updated on: Thu, 02 May 2013 19:55]

Re: How do I mod the sound files? [message #68125 is a reply to message #68123] Fri, 03 May 2013 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

The only thing I can think of is that you haven't encoded it with the same parameters. The length of the audio should probably be pretty similar too.

Re: How do I mod the sound files? [message #68126 is a reply to message #68121] Fri, 03 May 2013 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And that's what I'm trying to ask, what are the same parameters, do you know them?

Actually, nevermind, I figured it out myself. Not sure what I did but I used multiple different programs until sony vegas worked at 128kb .ogg. Thanks for the help though.

[Updated on: Fri, 03 May 2013 13:31]

Re: How do I mod the sound files? [message #68127 is a reply to message #68126] Fri, 03 May 2013 13:59 Go to previous message

Administrator

No problem, in the future you can try using MediaInfo. It's got a handy context option to tell you everything about audio and video files

Previous Topic: New to Modding- Tips?
Next Topic: Ultima Weapon Problems
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 07:27:41 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00945 seconds