Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Sora's Hair
Sora's Hair [message #68954] Tue, 02 July 2013 22:32 Go to next message
Sparrow
So I was messing around with models and stole and hardcore edited a model of Sora from Kingdom Hearts So I made his hair and it looked perfectly fine in 3ds and in FE. It fit fine on the hero's head. Texture applied perfectly, the model looked normal, and I skinweighted it correctly. The problem is that in-game, the texture screws up and it's not even on the hero's head.

So what's wrong with this? Why is it in his freaking neck? Why is the texture screwed up? And wtf happened?
  • Attachment: crazydude.png
    (Size: 597.07KB, Downloaded 3189 times)

Are you shpongled?

[Updated on: Tue, 02 July 2013 22:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Sora's Hair [message #68982 is a reply to message #68954] Fri, 05 July 2013 19:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zyreq is currently offline  Zyreq
For the positioning, you are just going to have to work with it. I do this all the time.
Anyway,for the texture,try applying DXT-3 with alpha channel set to one.

No, no word of a lie, never' a lie, seventeen cows I stopped 'em with moi.. one 'and.
Re: Sora's Hair [message #68983 is a reply to message #68982] Fri, 05 July 2013 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
But there's no freaking transparency in the texture. I made sure it was gone before I imported it.

Are you shpongled?
Re: Sora's Hair [message #68984 is a reply to message #68983] Fri, 05 July 2013 19:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doesn't matter, same thing happens with the bereaver, just try it...

No, no word of a lie, never' a lie, seventeen cows I stopped 'em with moi.. one 'and.
Re: Sora's Hair [message #68985 is a reply to message #68984] Fri, 05 July 2013 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
Okay, but wtf is wrong with the helm placement? When I load the hero in 3ds it fits fine... Who is fking with the placement? I didn't have to do this before.

Are you shpongled?
Re: Sora's Hair [message #68986 is a reply to message #68985] Fri, 05 July 2013 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I believe it's FE, try using chocobox, see how that works.

Re: Sora's Hair [message #68987 is a reply to message #68986] Fri, 05 July 2013 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
Chocolate box got the placement right but removed the skinweights... Wtf?

Are you shpongled?
Re: Sora's Hair [message #68988 is a reply to message #68987] Fri, 05 July 2013 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i would just work with FE instead. Twiddle around in 3ds...

EDIT:Btw,did the texture turn out fine?

[Updated on: Fri, 05 July 2013 22:59]

Re: Sora's Hair [message #68989 is a reply to message #68988] Fri, 05 July 2013 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
Yeah the texture worked thanks. And I'll mess around with it tomorrow maybe. Or next week. Or month.

Are you shpongled?
Re: Sora's Hair [message #69009 is a reply to message #68954] Tue, 09 July 2013 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Oh god weeaboo hair.

Toss up an obj or .x without skinweights or helpers or anything like that. I'll work this one out for you.
Re: Sora's Hair [message #69010 is a reply to message #69009] Tue, 09 July 2013 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
But but but I can't just let you do all the work. I have to do this stuff myself! You guys gotta tell me wtf is wrong. Is it because I moved it? Because I moved the model a lot. Like from top view with the hero facing v down, I moved the hair up and along the sides and stuff so I know you aren't supposed to move it from the middle so is that the problem or what? Can I just move it to fit the hero and export as .obj and reimport? The skinweights work fine but the hair doesn't stay on his fucking head.

Are you shpongled?
Re: Sora's Hair [message #69011 is a reply to message #69010] Tue, 09 July 2013 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Sparrow wrote on Tue, 09 July 2013 12:49

Is it because I moved it?

Yes.
Here's what you do. Position the hair so that it fits the Hero perfectly. And toss the skinweights. Create a box, place it at 0,0,0 and make sure it is rotated at 0,0,0. This is called origin, and everything that you make for Fable needs to be at origin. Turn the box into an editable mesh, delete the box, attach the hair. Redo the skinweights. You now have the weighted hair at origin. Export, import with FE, good to go.
Re: Sora's Hair [message #69012 is a reply to message #69011] Tue, 09 July 2013 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
Okay thanks
JohnDoe wrote on Tue, 09 July 2013 14:28

delete the box, attach the hair.

Delete the box and attach the hair? Attach the hair to what? The nonexistent box? Did you mean attach the hair first then delete the box? And attach? Wouldn't that make it 1 editable mesh? Oh that sort of makes sense. Is there like a remnant of the box that I attach the hair to or something? Or do I attach the hair to the box the. Delete the box? Or detach it of somethin like that?

Are you shpongled?

[Updated on: Tue, 09 July 2013 11:44]

Re: Sora's Hair [message #69013 is a reply to message #69012] Tue, 09 July 2013 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Delete the box... not the object. The box, delete the vertices. Or the element, yes. Edit element, highlight the box, delete. Then attach the hair. Just press... ah screenshot time.

I have a box that's in the right place, but it isn't in origin.
I make a second box that is in origin, edit it to delete it.
http://i.imgur.com/bBUShfT.png
The object is still there. At origin. Just doesn't have anything in it.
So I deselect element, and a button shows up that says "attach list". I click it, find the object I want to attach and proceed to do so.
http://i.imgur.com/ghmu7GJ.png

And now I have my box in the right place and at origin. So it'll show up in the same place in FE.
Re: Sora's Hair [message #69014 is a reply to message #69013] Tue, 09 July 2013 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
Thanks it works but the hair just looks retarded... Not as cool as I expected but whatever.

I seriously need some mod suggestions. Right now I'm just making random stuff... Like what do you people want to see? Working Nostro armor or what? Idk wtf to make. I might start porting Skyrim objects again.

Are you shpongled?

[Updated on: Tue, 09 July 2013 14:58]

Re: Sora's Hair [message #69018 is a reply to message #69014] Wed, 10 July 2013 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

Do you plan to release an fmp or some other way to get this hait style out? I am remaking ftlc for my neice, she likes a character with pointy hair like that.
My remake only involves deleting the Bordello and ability to flirt and marry, the kids are 6, 8 and 12 with sheltered Christian views of life. Blood and gore are ok, sex is not. It doesn't make sense, but their parents make the rules for them.

Re: Sora's Hair [message #69021 is a reply to message #69018] Wed, 10 July 2013 17:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
Yeah that motivates me lol. I'll have it ready soon. Maybe today maybe tomorrow. I don't really have a schedule. I just do whatever. And that is a good idea. Releasing a kid friendly rated E for everyone version of fable! I'm not sure that would get much support though since 10 year olds play rated M games nowadays.

Are you shpongled?
Re: Sora's Hair [message #69023 is a reply to message #68954] Wed, 10 July 2013 17:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
plopk45 is currently offline  plopk45
I would love to see a completed nostro armour set, it looked like progress was going well. I know this has been suggested allot and I have seen a project that was near completion but never came to pass that involved a scythe outfit. Another idea I had was if someone was creative enough to produce a really good unique looking singing sword just to but my urge for wielding one to rest Very Happy.

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af315/lindamason5/jackofblades_zpse75c43d3.png image, by plopk45
Re: Sora's Hair [message #69024 is a reply to message #69023] Wed, 10 July 2013 17:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
Ooh scythe! I forgot about him. I'll make nostro's armor and scythe's armor! But what is the singing sword? I've heard of it before but what is it?
-
I know it's a sword but what does it look like and wtf is it?

Are you shpongled?

[Updated on: Wed, 10 July 2013 17:50]

Re: Sora's Hair [message #69025 is a reply to message #69024] Wed, 10 July 2013 18:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Sparrow wrote on Wed, 10 July 2013 19:50

Ooh scythe! I forgot about him. I'll make nostro's armor and scythe's armor! But what is the singing sword? I've heard of it before but what is it?
-
I know it's a sword but what does it look like and wtf is it?

The singing sword is a myth of the first age that only really took off in the second age, as I understand it. In an interview, Molyneux talked about how after the game was completed, the player would be free to explore the world and do all kinds of stuff, like find the singing sword and a bunch of other crap that doesn't exist.
The singing sword is nothing. It's a name. There's no graphics, no other references. Given enough time to pick up embellishments and to frustrate true believers seeking this lost treasure, it becomes legend.
It's more complete than the super secret quest that he knew for absolute certain no one had found out about yet, but less complete than the bard quest which itself is so unfinished EA tried to release it.
A lot of people are saying that the swinging sword, note the spelling, is the realization of the singing sword said to be in Fable. I think it's a ripoff of Keshire's rendition of the singing sword, but whatevs.
Re: Sora's Hair [message #69026 is a reply to message #69025] Wed, 10 July 2013 18:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
Ooh I'll make that too

Are you shpongled?
Re: Sora's Hair [message #69031 is a reply to message #68954] Thu, 11 July 2013 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Summoner armour would be awesome too, especially that hood.

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af315/lindamason5/jackofblades_zpse75c43d3.png image, by plopk45
Re: Sora's Hair [message #69207 is a reply to message #69013] Fri, 26 July 2013 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
JohnDoe wrote on Tue, 09 July 2013 14:58

Delete the box... not the object. The box, delete the vertices. Or the element, yes. Edit element, highlight the box, delete. Then attach the hair. Just press... ah screenshot time.

I have a box that's in the right place, but it isn't in origin.
I make a second box that is in origin, edit it to delete it.
http://i.imgur.com/bBUShfT.png
The object is still there. At origin. Just doesn't have anything in it.
So I deselect element, and a button shows up that says "attach list". I click it, find the object I want to attach and proceed to do so.
http://i.imgur.com/ghmu7GJ.png

And now I have my box in the right place and at origin. So it'll show up in the same place in FE.

What the fuck, John? My texture coordinates... Poof! Gone when I attach it. Damn... Is there any other way to get it to the origin?
-
Nvm I found a way

Are you shpongled?

[Updated on: Fri, 26 July 2013 15:13]

Re: Sora's Hair [message #69210 is a reply to message #69207] Fri, 26 July 2013 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
...probably should have mentioned that it is best to apply the texture to the box being used for getting stuff to origin. Attaching things that don't have the same textures can cause issues.

But if you want another way, simples. Memorize or write down the x,y,z coordinates and rotation of the object that isn't at origin. Then move and rotate it to origin. Now, edit the mesh (vertices, inside the object) and translate and rotate it all back to where it was by right-clicking the icon for moving stuff around, or the icon for rotating stuff around. What comes up is a screen to manually move/rotate vertices by any given amount for the three axes. So just punch in the numbers you had memorized or written down earlier and now your object is at origin and at the right place.

See, simples. I like my method better though.
Re: Sora's Hair [message #69218 is a reply to message #69018] Sat, 27 July 2013 19:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
jwc2200 wrote on Wed, 10 July 2013 20:15

Do you plan to release an fmp

Okay, I think I packed everything into this fmp. If anything is wrong, tell me and I'll fix it. I didn't think I should make a folded graphic since no one even cares about them, so it uses the bandit cap folded mesh. Spawn as OBJECT_HERO_SORA_HAIR

Are you shpongled?
Re: Sora's Hair [message #69554 is a reply to message #69218] Sun, 22 September 2013 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
insectsandmildew is currently offline  insectsandmildew
Hopefully I am not bumping a dead thread, it says the last post was in July so hopefully I'm not too late... Anyway, the hair loads in a chest using TNG Parser good and fits nicely on the head. But the texture is all multi-colored and pixelated. I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong with it (self-admitted noob here), or if there was something in the programming or something... Thought I would help shed some light on potential problems.

[Updated on: Sun, 22 September 2013 12:41]

Re: Sora's Hair [message #69557 is a reply to message #68954] Tue, 24 September 2013 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try exporting the texture then re importing setting it to dxt-3 after that just set the alpha channel to 1 and apply. That should fix your issue. Smile

Re: Sora's Hair [message #69562 is a reply to message #69557] Wed, 25 September 2013 19:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
insectsandmildew is currently offline  insectsandmildew
Thanks man, I will try that. Very Happy

I opened it up and looked at it and it appears that there also is a suit and boots texture with the hair on the image... Is that supposed to be there?

[Updated on: Wed, 25 September 2013 19:50]

Re: Sora's Hair [message #69574 is a reply to message #69562] Fri, 27 September 2013 18:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
insectsandmildew wrote on Wed, 25 September 2013 22:49

I opened it up and looked at it and it appears that there also is a suit and boots texture with the hair on the image... Is that supposed to be there?

Yeah, it was part of the model that I downloaded.

Are you shpongled?
Re: Sora's Hair [message #70994 is a reply to message #69574] Thu, 18 June 2015 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
Found that if you import the model that is not at origin into cbox then export it, it will be in the spot that you put it but it will be at origin which prevents issues. Also you can move all vertices or all edges and it will stay at origin.
#necropost

I think this messes up the texture also.

Are you shpongled?

[Updated on: Tue, 04 August 2015 03:20]

Re: Sora's Hair [message #71813 is a reply to message #68954] Tue, 15 June 2021 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sharonjjk99 is currently offline  sharonjjk99
Yeah its good, thank you for provide this awesome and very authentic information and I really appreciate for this beautiful information for us. Every word you saying is really truth and very senior able things.
If you want to know some more information click here ptcl speed test and see more for this information and some good addition in your knowledge.
Re: Sora's Hair [message #71814 is a reply to message #68954] Tue, 15 June 2021 02:10 Go to previous message
sharonjjk99 is currently offline  sharonjjk99
Yes its really a very good way for delivering goods and I think this method is very useful for everyone. I ordered many time for this method and I am very satisfied for this because if you ordered your goods you have nothing doing any type of tension and stress.
Your goods is deliver your home door on time and that's why its really a very good method for ordering goods online. For more information click here ptcl speed test .
Previous Topic: Mod that stops aging
Next Topic: Removing intro animations [HowTo]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:26:20 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01184 seconds