Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » Epic modders then and somewhat more recently.
Epic modders then and somewhat more recently. [message #66278] Sun, 08 April 2012 18:20 Go to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

I got bored and was looking through the IRC log thread(stickied here in general discussion), and I noticed two modders who once were rather... uh... Well I don't want to say anything disrespectful. But now they're completely epic, though not as active. I decided to compare in a thread what they were like then to what they're like now. So, first up:
Chaos
Then:
IRC excerpt

<Kingdoug> you should see if blutooth or satan can test it, then maybe we could trick them into fixing it if it messes up. but theyed prolly say that they have better things to do or some bullshit like that
(note that kingdoug is chaos. Or should be at least. If I'm wrong, someone PLEASE correct me.)
Now:
Chaos is a more respected and successful modder, and is the mind behind Fable Conquest, which you can download here.
For the other featured modder, I have:
Marcopolo.
Then:
IRC excerpt

<Marcopolo> i know that i should know this but what does one byte represent
<Kes|Work> bane of my existance
<Kes|Work> 1 byte represents a byte
<Hunter> lol
<Hunter> 8 bits
<Marcopolo> how many numbers or characters or letters
<Hunter> 1 character, 2 hex digits
<Marcopolo> i know
<Kes|Work> I think I'm going to cry
<Hunter> lol
<Marcopolo> but 2 hex digits = how many bytes
<Hunter> 1
* Silver slaps himself

Quote:

<Satan> <_Satan_> no
<Satan> <Marcopolo> yes!
<Satan> * Marcopolo slaps Marcopolo around a bit with a large trout
<Satan> <Marcopolo> now you smell fishy
<Satan> <Marcopolo> bye
<Satan> <Hunter> lol
<Satan> <Keshire> lol
<Satan> <_Satan_> wonder how long it'll be till he realises he slapped himself
<Satan> <Hunter> too long

Now:
Marcopolo is a successful modder, and creator of the epic, but sadly not completed runed plate mod

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Epic modders then and somewhat more recently. [message #69529 is a reply to message #66278] Mon, 16 September 2013 17:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
donkeymilk is currently offline  donkeymilk
I thought i'd just pop in here and say it's probably down to something simple like growing up(genuinely!)
Re: Epic modders then and somewhat more recently. [message #69532 is a reply to message #69529] Mon, 16 September 2013 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Gee, thank you for bumping my thread, which was doomed to die the moment it was posted, without posting information that everyone didn't already know. Rolling Eyes

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Epic modders then and somewhat more recently. [message #69539 is a reply to message #66278] Tue, 17 September 2013 11:39 Go to previous message
donkeymilk is currently offline  donkeymilk
yeh,sorry,i should remove my hands from the keyboard when thinking
out loud Very Happy
Previous Topic: directx
Next Topic: Hero of Oakvale. Alive or dead?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 06:58:25 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01428 seconds