Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » freeroam question
freeroam question [message #69515] Sat, 14 September 2013 14:45 Go to next message
donkeymilk is currently offline  donkeymilk
I played and loved fable tlc on the xbox a long time ago.
I've now come back to it on pc after playing Fable3.
I'm interested in the freeroam app,which i have downloaded and at the moment i have extracted the final wad to the right folder.
Does the action of opening it up ,so the game now uses those files,
automatically make the freeroam active ,or is there something else i will need to do.
Thanks.
P.S..i searched on this forum and found lots of posts detailing
how to extract the final wad,but haven't noticed any further info.

2nd point:Does the very useful "Fable Application Suite Installer"
have all the latest versions included?
Will it do the job just fine as it is?
I'm just a game player and also enjoy using some of the great mods
the guys here make.
thanks.

[Updated on: Sat, 14 September 2013 14:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: freeroam question [message #69517 is a reply to message #69515] Sun, 15 September 2013 19:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Uhh... I'm not entirely certain that any of those tools even work with the XBOX version. Well, Fable Explorer will, but you have to have an XML file specifically designed for the XBOX version in its folder.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.

[Updated on: Sun, 15 September 2013 19:45]

Re: freeroam question [message #69530 is a reply to message #69515] Mon, 16 September 2013 17:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'M on pc.
I played it on xbox lonnnng time ago.
I'd still like to know about this freeroam app,as i said i extracted the final wad to the appropriate place and was wondering.
Is that it?
Does one need to do anything else to have freeroam in game,or does
extracting the wad automatically mean it's now freeroam on my pc?
Thanks for taking the time to answer.

[Updated on: Mon, 16 September 2013 17:16]

Re: freeroam question [message #69531 is a reply to message #69530] Mon, 16 September 2013 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Extracting the wad, provided you chose TNG and LEV(patched), will allow you to freeroam. Also, you can now use AlbionExplorer to spawn chests and shit, and ChocolateBox will be able to do the same without going through its whole, "preparing your modding environment" thing.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: freeroam question [message #69540 is a reply to message #69531] Tue, 17 September 2013 11:40 Go to previous message
Thanks for clear answer.
Previous Topic: Messed up textures
Next Topic: whispers explosives
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:42:08 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01254 seconds