Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » Chocolate Box - Landscape Meshes
Chocolate Box - Landscape Meshes [message #69645] Fri, 25 October 2013 10:01 Go to next message
CultOfByron is currently offline  CultOfByron
I'm looking into exporting the heightmaps or landscape meshes for all the regions in the game for the purpose of rendering them in other engines or rendering programs.

Can Chocolate Box do this? If not, would it be something it has the potential to do since it has the ability to render the regions in the Region Editor? Is there some other way to extract the data I need?

Many thanks in advance for any help/advice.

PS - I'm also looking into the possibility of doing this for Fable II if anyone else has made any headway there.
Re: Chocolate Box - Landscape Meshes [message #69646 is a reply to message #69645] Fri, 25 October 2013 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

I dunno if CBox can do that...

As for Fable II, we haven't been able to do it in Fable III, which was built off of Fable II, so I doubt we can do it with Fable II.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Albion Explorer results [message #69653 is a reply to message #69646] Sun, 27 October 2013 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay, so I've managed to get Albion Explorer working on an old laptop running XP (since it doesn't want to play on my Win 7 machine) and have been surprised to see heightmaps rendered in the World Editor almost exactly how I need them.

I say almost...

Any ideas as to why this is happening? I've tried all sorts of photoshoppery and nothing seems to equalize the separate maps...

Also: Yes asmcint I'm not holding out too much hope for Fables II and III - I've not looked at the heightmaps for III yet, but I assume they are non-standard ghf's like the ones for II?
  • Attachment: oakvale1.png
    (Size: 58.32KB, Downloaded 581 times)
Re: Albion Explorer results [message #69655 is a reply to message #69653] Sun, 27 October 2013 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

It's safe to assume that anything with the Fable games is non-standard. Laughing But, yeah. If it's that way with Fable II, it's gonna be that way with Fable III.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Albion Explorer results [message #69656 is a reply to message #69653] Mon, 28 October 2013 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

CultOfByron wrote on Sun, 27 October 2013 09:47

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

That looks like a far off shot of a map in AE. Zoom in with the mouse wheel.

Re: Albion Explorer results [message #69657 is a reply to message #69655] Mon, 28 October 2013 04:17 Go to previous message
asmcint wrote on Sun, 27 October 2013 10:40

It's safe to assume that anything with the Fable games is non-standard. Laughing

Tell me about it... hours of trawling the net for a program that reads ghf files... hours of trying to get said program to run ok in Windows 7... "The file was not recognized" Mad Rolling Eyes

jwc2200 wrote on Mon, 28 October 2013 00:24

That looks like a far off shot of a map in AE. Zoom in with the mouse wheel.

Hi Jwc2200, yeah I gathered that, it's the Oakvale region in AE (but upside down, so the southern coast is pictured at the top.) I zoomed out for pixel purity Wink

What I mean is I wonder why there are differing brightnesses for each map segment, i.e; Oakvale_West, Oakvale_Filler1, etc. If it is brightness that is the problem.
Previous Topic: Windowed mode.
Next Topic: Fable Explorer treeview is blank
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:13:52 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01336 seconds