Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Need help with FE
Need help with FE [message #69811] Mon, 25 November 2013 06:09 Go to next message
SGT_MAJ_WOLF is currently offline  SGT_MAJ_WOLF
When I launch FE nothing pops up it is completely blank apart from the error messages.

Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Game Studios\Fable - The Lost Chaptersdata\graphics\graphics.big

Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Game Studios\Fable - The Lost Chaptersdata\graphics\pc\textures.big

Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Game Studios\Fable - The Lost Chaptersdata\
graphics\pc\frontend.big

Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Game Studios\Fable - The Lost Chaptersdata\lang\English\text.big

Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Game Studios\Fable - The Lost Chaptersdata\misc\pc\effects.big

Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Game Studios\Fable - The Lost Chaptersdata\CompliedDefs\names.bin

Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Game Studios\Fable - The Lost Chaptersdata\CompliedDefs\script.bin

Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Game Studios\Fable - The Lost Chaptersdata\CompliedDefs\frontend.bin

Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Game Studios\Fable - The Lost Chaptersdata\CompiledDefs\game.bin

After them messages this occurs:
Unhandled exception has occured in a component in your application. If you click Continue. the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I have the game fully installed all files are there I dont know how to fix it. I only want to add 2 fmp mod files that is all.
Thank you to anyone who takes their time to read this and help.
Re: Need help with FE [message #69812 is a reply to message #69811] Mon, 25 November 2013 18:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Are you running on Windows 7? If so, then run FE as an administrator and try again. Failing that, re-install the game to a non-Program Files folder. For some reason Windows 7 is really anal about programs messing with that area.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Need help with FE [message #69813 is a reply to message #69811] Mon, 25 November 2013 19:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yup windows 7 and would it be at all that I am using a downloaded version of the game? Also when I run as administrator the application freezes and dosen't work
Re: Need help with FE [message #69814 is a reply to message #69813] Mon, 25 November 2013 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Before I go any further: What do you mean by downloaded? Do you mean like, Steam? Or is it pirated? The difference can be quite major when dealing with modding issues.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Need help with FE [message #69816 is a reply to message #69811] Wed, 27 November 2013 16:11 Go to previous message
Pirated I am guessing the game will be impossible to mod if it is? If it is thats a shame.

Site rule 3: We do not endorse pirating. Suggesting or asking for such will get you banned. If you like a game BUY IT. People worked hard to make something to entertain you, it's the least you can do. If you are caught without one of these you will be banned. http://fabletlcmod.com/mybox.jpg

With that being said, while it is possible to mod pirated versions of the game, users will receive no support for such endeavors here. This user was banned for this post.

[Updated on: Sat, 30 November 2013 06:31] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Need Help
Next Topic: Dragon Born Helmet
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:22:43 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01123 seconds