Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Tutorial (Creating magic using effects) (edited and legible)
icon1.gif  Tutorial (Creating magic using effects) (edited and legible) [message #69842] Sat, 07 December 2013 13:50 Go to next message
Izzac is currently offline  Izzac
I wrote a research paper If your curious how I tried figuring this out.

Not sure If It has been acknowledged before.

But this tutorial Is pretty basic and will come with pic's.

Thing's you must know!

You need Fable Explorer 4.1 Or shadownet Explorer

Effect's always rest in Effects.bin: Scavange your effects and
collect there ID number's of your choosing to being costumized.

example: ID number's rest at the top of a opened (double clicked effect) double click FIREBALL_SPELL_FIREBALL_01 (keep in mind that 01-04 or 1-4 are levels of the spell!)
When you double click, It will open the EFFECT window up at the top there Is the word ID with some numbers! (the number IS the string to the ability (String= a connection)

NOTE: Any effect will work, just grab what you want and write it down to keep It memorized on what It does.

(Write ID"s In notepad to keep up with your mix of abilities.)

MAGIC being EDITED: Fire ball spell!!

HAND and BODY CAST effects!
SPECIAL_ABILITIES_MAGIC categories are In Game.bin at the very bottom of the list.(this affects hand effects/ body effects In casting.

(example: SPECIAL_ABILITIES_Fireball>click> FIREBALL_DEF_Instance>It will open> click SPECIAL_ABILITIES >

right box click CSpecialEffects> click (blue words)

GamebinEntry ID.> pops open special effects > click

CSpecialEffects Def> SpecialEffectsDefLink (place ID number of

your chosen EFFECT in SpecialEffectsDefLink and click apply.
YOU will notice the blue words change to the name of the effect. That mean's you succeeded!!

I grabbed Multi Arrow : affected casting hands

TIP: Blue words under each catagory takes you to the list for that property. Special effect gamebin ID link> takes you to special affects. Primary effects takes you to special affects> shot > takes you to shots and it's effects> ETC ETC.

Remember the blue names with there catagory and it's pretty easy peasy.

Tutorial Projectile effect!

Catagory: SHOTS
> Click (name of your spell or ammo) "Mines fireball lvl 1"
> Right box scroll til you see

> Primary Effects: put In your ID number for what the explosion or hit will look like: This affects Collision and Explosions. (Collision and explosion means when It hits a solid object to create the effect)
(mine was Force Push lvl 1 ID #)

> Projectile Trail effect ID: -place ID here- (I chose Multi Arrow ID (self explainatory)
"This affects the projectile or the bullet or shot that comes out.) NOTE(instead of a fireball coming out IT was a multiarrow Orb.)

>APPLY CHANGES!

Optional

To get more literal with customizing:
(Edit objects spells> for damage, push, experience, ETC of your edited custom spell.)

Here's my out come!

Note I can't upload the 2 pics but the projectile does explode into a force push! and Hand's create multi arrow orb when casting.

index.php?t=getfile&id=11374&private=0

[Updated on: Mon, 23 December 2013 13:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Tutorial (Creating magic using effects) [message #69857 is a reply to message #69842] Tue, 10 December 2013 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Could a admin move this to the tutorial section? I would greatly appreciate It!
Re: Tutorial (Creating magic using effects) [message #69872 is a reply to message #69857] Thu, 12 December 2013 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zyreq is currently offline  Zyreq
Izzac wrote on Tue, 10 December 2013 02:26

Could a admin move this to the tutorial section? I would greatly appreciate It!

pm ascmint. Nice stuff btw

No, no word of a lie, never' a lie, seventeen cows I stopped 'em with moi.. one 'and.

[Updated on: Thu, 12 December 2013 16:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Tutorial (Creating magic using effects) [message #69883 is a reply to message #69872] Sun, 15 December 2013 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

I'll be honest. I've been putting off replying to this for quite some time, because whenever I tried, my message wound up sounding a little too rude. Confused

Anywho, at the moment I'm not gonna move this to the tutorial section. Simply put, you haven't put enough detail into the steps necessary for the desired effect for the tutorial to be useful to the average user. It also needs to be cleaned up in the way of spelling and grammar for the sake of legibility.

Should this be fixed, I'll gladly put it in the tutorial section. In the meantime, it stays here.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
icon4.gif  Re: Tutorial (Creating magic using effects) [message #69924 is a reply to message #69883] Mon, 23 December 2013 13:16 Go to previous message
Thank you for your polite support and direction.

Is this more legible?

+Respect
Previous Topic: [Weapon]Arrow trail look
Next Topic: 3DS MAX EXPORT ISSUE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:01:44 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01489 seconds