Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Jack's voice
Jack's voice [message #55185] Mon, 07 December 2009 09:20 Go to next message
bos187 is currently offline  bos187
would it be possible to extract the sound files played when Jack of Blades ( "Human" form) speaks in the non-TLC version of fable on the xbox,
then import said files on the PC version and replace them with the current ones?

Or in other words, restore Jack of Blades' old voice in TLC?

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/2613/bosmc0.jpg
Re: Jack's voice [message #55186 is a reply to message #55185] Mon, 07 December 2009 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

I didn't know they changed is voice.
Seems kinda weird to me.

Also; is this a request or a question?

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: Jack's voice [message #55187 is a reply to message #55185] Mon, 07 December 2009 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
bos187 wrote on Mon, 07 December 2009 11:20

would it be possible to extract the sound files played when Jack of Blades ( "Human" form) speaks in the non-TLC version of fable on the xbox,
then import said files on the PC version and replace them with the current ones?

Or in other words, restore Jack of Blades' old voice in TLC?
Not without an incredible amount of work. Dialogue is done in the LUTs, archives for the bajillions of XBox-encoded WAVs for NPC speech. The LUTs, unlike the METs and LUGs, are a combo package, having both the reference data and the assets all in one. Thing is, we don't have an editor. We don't even have a viewer. You can check out the file specs and you're on your own past that point.
OldBoy wrote on Mon, 07 December 2009 11:31

I didn't know they changed is voice.
Seems kinda weird to me.
Yea, it is true. The original Jack sounds like a nancy though.

Original; TLC.
OldBoy wrote on Mon, 07 December 2009 11:31

Also; is this a request or a question?
Sounds like a question to me. We don't have a sound editing forum so this thread is being moved to General Mod Discussion.

[Updated on: Mon, 07 December 2009 14:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Jack's voice [message #55188 is a reply to message #55187] Mon, 07 December 2009 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nicomon is currently offline  nicomon
JohnDoe wrote on Mon, 07 December 2009 10:02

Original; TLC

Those both go to the same video.

I divided by zero and survived.
Two of Diamonds, people. This is important.
Re: Jack's voice [message #55189 is a reply to message #55188] Mon, 07 December 2009 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
nicomon wrote on Mon, 07 December 2009 14:09

JohnDoe wrote on Mon, 07 December 2009 10:02

Original; TLC

Those both go to the same video.
And so it does, err, did. Fixed, thanks. Was an issue with the tags, did them wrong, must have put in the same one when 'fixing' it earlier. In case anyone is too lazy to go up two posts.

[Updated on: Mon, 07 December 2009 14:53]

Re: Jack's voice [message #70241 is a reply to message #55189] Thu, 03 April 2014 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
niartyzarC is currently offline  niartyzarC
For anyone who likes Jack's old voice, I figured out an easy way to change it back, at least until he returns in the northern wastes. On Xbox, you simply replace the dialogue.lut and scriptdialogue.lut of The Lost Chapters with the corresponding files from the original Fable. The developers were kind enough to simply create dialogue2.lut and scriptdialogue2.lut for all of the dialogue that they added to the game. I don't know about PC, but I imagine it's not too different. I would appreciate if someone could confirm this, please.
Re: Jack's voice [message #70243 is a reply to message #70241] Thu, 03 April 2014 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Seems interesting. I would like to point out that this probably should've had its own thread, however, considering this one is about four and a half years dead.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Jack's voice [message #71824 is a reply to message #55185] Tue, 15 June 2021 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sharonjjk99 is currently offline  sharonjjk99
Football is one of the best sports for me. I like very much. Because if you are a player you know that football is one the biggest game in the world and very famous game in the world.
If you are a player for football game I make sure you are very fit every time that's why I love football sport. For more information click here ptcl speed test. If you have any question and suggestions tell her
Re: Jack's voice [message #71840 is a reply to message #55185] Thu, 15 September 2022 21:39 Go to previous message
Avarice is currently offline  Avarice
Yes you actually can restore his original voice actor (if you aren't aware Jack of Blades actually uses more than one voice actor - hence why they edited the audio in Fable TLC).

I made a mod for this recently. All you need is the ScriptDialogue.lug files from the Xbox version of the game, which is an archive that is responsible for all of the audio dialogue files. Turns out they can just easily be replaced since they are the exact same format.

I uploaded it recently to the Nexus Mod Forums: https://www.nexusmods.com/fablethelostchapters/mods/495

Bare in mind that this will also replace Briar Roses dialogue in Bowerstone (they forgot to change the voice actor for that part of the game).

Just another fan of the best game that was ever created...

[Updated on: Thu, 15 September 2022 21:45]

Previous Topic: Cutscene Editing Guide
Next Topic: Help w/ Cbox!!!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 16:23:58 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01269 seconds