Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » CTD When speaking to Vendors?
CTD When speaking to Vendors? [message #70437] Mon, 23 June 2014 12:08 Go to next message
Silva is currently offline  Silva
For some reason I get a CTD when I speak to any (I think) Vendor, i've spoke to about 3 so far and all result, give or take about 10 seconds, in an instant CTD...

I can't think what might be causing this, recently I followed a guide on these forums and deleted some bone meshes to keep my Char average size, so I thought that could possibly be causing it, but I put the bones back into it and nope, still crashing..

The only other thing I can think of, and possibly the most likely, is I downloaded this mod http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=63927& amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp;&srch=masked+hood#msg_63927 and attempted to put it into the inventory of a shop keeper using this guide http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=66851& amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; but the item doesn't appear in the shop keepers inventory and the game just crashes (keep in mind though I get a crash with every shop keeper, not just the one I edited). I can't remember whether this was happening before I tried to put the item in the inventory to be honest however.

Anyone got any ideas?

EDIT: I've just verified the game files on Steam and reinstalled all the mods thinking it will work perfectly now, and no, still crashing! Am I best starting again perhaps? Could that help fix it?

EDIT2: Now I keep getting CTD's when I continue on from the Child stage, just after the cutscene into teenager stage :/

EDIT3: Reinstalled the entire game, and being careful what I put into it, or take out of it, this time.

EDIT...4...Jesus...: Right, tried replaying the game, worked fine with the few texture changes I made, and the tng edit. Put the rest of them back in there, and bam, stopped working when I try to pass the cutscene into teenhood, why!? Here is the list of mods I use, anyone have any idea why this is happening?

index.php?t=getfile&id=11584&private=0

[Updated on: Tue, 24 June 2014 07:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: CTD When speaking to Vendors? [message #70442 is a reply to message #70437] Tue, 24 June 2014 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

It has to do with the trader edit, most likely. Make sure that the edit itself is properly done. If it is, be sure not to edit traders you've visited before. That's about all the advice I personally can give you.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: CTD When speaking to Vendors? [message #70445 is a reply to message #70442] Tue, 24 June 2014 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've reinstalled many a time, i'm assuming the Vendor problem is fixed now, problem is I can't be sure because I can't even pass on to the Teen stage because the game crashes when the cutscene after you speak to the Guildmaster as a child finishes, or I esc of it.

Attempting a trial and error process by deleting and reinstalling the game and installing different mods.
Re: CTD When speaking to Vendors? [message #70449 is a reply to message #70445] Tue, 24 June 2014 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Uninstalling the game doesn't always remove the mods entirely. I'd recommend you pull backup files off of your disc and copy those into your Fable directory after a re-install, see if that helps.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: CTD When speaking to Vendors? [message #70451 is a reply to message #70449] Tue, 24 June 2014 14:18 Go to previous message
Happy days, it was a total schoolboy error :')

It was the texture all along, the last thing I expected, basically when I put in my own textures I didn't realise i had to change the alpha back to 0.

All sorted now, finally, thanks for trying to help Smile
Previous Topic: W I P......loading.....
Next Topic: Anyone have any idea why i'm getting this texture issue?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:08:04 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01119 seconds