Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » ShadowNet Issue!
ShadowNet Issue! [message #70484] Mon, 30 June 2014 15:22 Go to next message
Silva is currently offline  Silva
I've been using ShadowNet over these few weeks and have learned a lot when it comes to Fable Modding, but I've reached an issue, whenever I double click textures.big, the below menu freezes, every other option (game.bin, graphics.big, etc) works perfectly, but if I click textures.big then as I said, the menu below just freezes on whatever was shown at the time I clicked textures.

I've tried replacing it with a new ShadowNet folder, since you can't really uninstall ShadowNet can you, but nope, no cigar, anyone have any idea? I'm going to quickly restart the PC to see if that works.

EDIT: Nope, didn't work, I really need some help here, much appreciated.

I have a feeling it's something to do with textures.big file itself, is there a way to recover earlier versions of the file somewhere of Windows 8?

[Updated on: Mon, 30 June 2014 16:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ShadowNet Issue! [message #70486 is a reply to message #70484] Sat, 05 July 2014 06:14 Go to previous message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

I don't know if Windows 8 has the feature, but on Windows 7 if you've got the option enabled, the system will make a restore point every day. From the properties menu of a given file, you should be able to roll the file back to a previous version.

Alternatively, you could pull clean files straight from the discs(explained in second spoiler in the linked thread).

In the future, just be sure to keep backups, including entirely clean files and the versions of modded files last known to work.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Previous Topic: Why am I not moving into Very Evil appearence?
Next Topic: Fable Explorer Retexture Issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:29:45 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01022 seconds