Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tutorials » Modding on Steam Version
Modding on Steam Version [message #68991] Sat, 06 July 2013 00:25 Go to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

If you've tried to use CBox or FE with the steam version of Fable, you've probably had some trouble. The reason is because these programs are not looking in the right place in the registry for the installation directory of Fable. You need to append your registry to pretend that you have the retail version, and to do that you can use the attached reg file by double-clicking it.

This should work for most of you, but if you changed the steam installation directory it won't work without changing the file in a text editor to match.

If you are running a 32 bit machine (you probably aren't unless it's an older machine), use fable32.reg instead.

If it doesn't work, make sure that this line from the file:
Quote:

"SetupPath"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Fable The Lost Chapters\\"

is the correct installation path. If it isn't, make it so and re-apply it.
  • Attachment: fable.reg
    (Size: 0.65KB, Downloaded 2719 times)
  • Attachment: fable32.reg
    (Size: 0.59KB, Downloaded 1306 times)

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Modding on Steam Version [message #70324 is a reply to message #68991] Tue, 15 April 2014 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AnderZ312 is currently offline  AnderZ312
An undo reg file would be appreciated, I have both versions, was hoping to be able to mod each version separately and stuff like that. But now FE just isn't working. And I did check all the registry files, I set it to the right path but it still didn't work Sad

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/183/1/5/15fb2863efd82e9e2dd427fdbce3748f-d3ktb0l.jpg
Re: Modding on Steam Version [message #70630 is a reply to message #70324] Mon, 01 September 2014 09:15 Go to previous message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

To undo these you will need to go into your registry (start -> run -> type "regedit") and navigate to the location in the registry that is shown in the .reg file and delete it

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Previous Topic: [Hero] Using B-Morph to Modify the Hero
Next Topic: New to modding Fable?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Mar 18 21:09:03 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01365 seconds