Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable Anniversary » Development » Advanced » Packages in Unreal Editor?
Packages in Unreal Editor? [message #70664] Sun, 14 September 2014 07:24 Go to next message
ZunaSW is currently offline  ZunaSW
Hello, so finally I got this to work, and I could start modding the game adding some meshes in the levels, testing the editor.
Now I want to see if I can place weapons or import new weapons into the game.
Don't know if this is how the editor should be, but when I look at the packages, for example, the weapon one, it's like 190 MB. Now if I open it in the Content Browser in UE... There are just four textures, no meshes, just textures. Is this how it is supposed to be? Or am I doing something wrong? Happens the same with a lot of packages, can't find meshes that I know they exist. For example, in the Jack of Blades package, just two eye textures. (This packages are found in the StaticMeshUPK2 folder).
Any ideas? Want to test adding a new weapon.

And, by the way, I have another problem exporting skeletal meshes into 3ds Max. When I import them in the program, they are so small, If I export them, and import them again, they are still small. Seems the export doesn't respect the scale of the skeletal mesh. Any ideas about this too? : )

Thank you ^^
Re: Packages in Unreal Editor? [message #70665 is a reply to message #70664] Sun, 14 September 2014 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
ZunaSW wrote on Sun, 14 September 2014 09:24

Hello, so finally I got this to work, and I could start modding the game adding some meshes in the levels, testing the editor.
Now I want to see if I can place weapons or import new weapons into the game.
Don't know if this is how the editor should be, but when I look at the packages, for example, the weapon one, it's like 190 MB. Now if I open it in the Content Browser in UE... There are just four textures, no meshes, just textures. Is this how it is supposed to be? Or am I doing something wrong? Happens the same with a lot of packages, can't find meshes that I know they exist. For example, in the Jack of Blades package, just two eye textures. (This packages are found in the StaticMeshUPK2 folder).
Any ideas? Want to test adding a new weapon.

And, by the way, I have another problem exporting skeletal meshes into 3ds Max. When I import them in the program, they are so small, If I export them, and import them again, they are still small. Seems the export doesn't respect the scale of the skeletal mesh. Any ideas about this too? : )

You need to right click the package and fully load it. To cut down on the excessive amount of entries filter by static meshes.

The export isn't the problem. It's the 3ds max import that is. Nothing lionhead can do about it. It's not importing the skeleton as linked IK bones, but actual dummy objects. Which is why they are so small.

I don't have a license for 3ds max anymore so I can't test it or write new plugins for it. I may write something for blender though. Import seems to work fine into blender, but export back into unreal is having issues.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.

[Updated on: Sun, 14 September 2014 09:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Packages in Unreal Editor? [message #70667 is a reply to message #70665] Sun, 14 September 2014 10:20 Go to previous message
ZunaSW is currently offline  ZunaSW
Thank you, Keshire, for answering. I can full load the packages now ^^

About the export-import thing. I think you are probably right. Going to test somethings right now, but this is what I tested with 3ds Max:

1. Exporting from Unreal to 3ds Max as .obj works fine, but for some reason, I can't export armors as .obj, just weapons.

2. Exporting as .fbx works, but it doesn't maintain the size of the meshes. The problem you said, probably.

3. I tried to import a test weapon, but I can't make it work. I did this with 3ds Max. Imported a weapon as .obj in Max, resized my test weapon, and exported it as .fbx, as I said, couldn't make it work. It was a replacement, but I don't know if I did it right. Have I to replace a normal weapon changing the name of mine and saving the package? Or how can I do that?

At least, seems this is more "safe modding" than with Fable TLC hehe : )
Next Topic: CKS/DEP Formats
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:31:30 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01257 seconds