Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable Anniversary » Development » Tools » Launching an 'editor'?
Launching an 'editor'? [message #70669] Mon, 15 September 2014 02:59 Go to next message
Dafini is currently offline  Dafini
I am aware of the Anniversary Editor launch issue, running into that myself...

Saw someone on this forum found a workaround. Assumed it was the UDK itself, tried that, no luck opening the UPK files in the WellingtonGame files.

Anyone know of this workaround? Google isn't much help here.

Did however manage to extract some meshes with umodel, and rigged something to a skeleton... itching to see if any sort of editor will assist repackaging.
Re: Launching an 'editor'? [message #70673 is a reply to message #70669] Mon, 15 September 2014 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
Dafini wrote on Mon, 15 September 2014 04:59

I am aware of the Anniversary Editor launch issue, running into that myself...

Saw someone on this forum found a workaround. Assumed it was the UDK itself, tried that, no luck opening the UPK files in the WellingtonGame files.

Anyone know of this workaround? Google isn't much help here.

Did however manage to extract some meshes with umodel, and rigged something to a skeleton... itching to see if any sort of editor will assist repackaging.

I'm not sure where the problem is. I installed the UDK during beta to make sure I had all the needed dlls and such. I didn't have any problems opening the Fable UnrealEd after that.

You won't be able to open or import any of the packages without the Fable UnrealEd. All the upk's are tagged. uModel extracts them because it knows the game tag for Fable.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: Launching an 'editor'? [message #70683 is a reply to message #70673] Mon, 15 September 2014 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I copied the dlls across from the UDK binaries folder, making sure not to replace existing dlls. Then I tried to launch the Fable Anniversary.exe with the Editor Prefix. Said it was missing the .exe.cfg version of that file, so I copied that one across from UDK and renamed it as that. It then started the splashscreen for the editor, but just crashes and leaves a dump file.

I am probably missing something blaringly obvious, and am still experimenting for some form of fix.
Is there something else I need to do to that .exe.cfg file?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Launching an 'editor'? [message #70686 is a reply to message #70683] Tue, 16 September 2014 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
Dafini wrote on Mon, 15 September 2014 22:52

I copied the dlls across from the UDK binaries folder, making sure not to replace existing dlls. Then I tried to launch the Fable Anniversary.exe with the Editor Prefix. Said it was missing the .exe.cfg version of that file, so I copied that one across from UDK and renamed it as that. It then started the splashscreen for the editor, but just crashes and leaves a dump file.

I am probably missing something blaringly obvious, and am still experimenting for some form of fix.
Is there something else I need to do to that .exe.cfg file?

Thanks in advance.

You got me. I'll take a closer look when I get home from work today. It might be something to do with me picking up some extra files during one of the beta tests that normal users don't have.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: Launching an 'editor'? [message #70687 is a reply to message #70686] Wed, 17 September 2014 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like they just fixed the Modding DLC's download, and that is great to see.

10 GB Download, but I assume that is mostly the source assets, which is very well needed for both less savvy modders and the ones who want to play around.

Sorry if that took up your time though Keshire.
Re: Launching an 'editor'? [message #70688 is a reply to message #70687] Wed, 17 September 2014 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
Dafini wrote on Wed, 17 September 2014 15:20

Looks like they just fixed the Modding DLC's download, and that is great to see.

10 GB Download, but I assume that is mostly the source assets, which is very well needed for both less savvy modders and the ones who want to play around.

Sorry if that took up your time though Keshire.

It was like that during beta too.
It uncompresses to 15 gigs in:
.\Fable Anniversary\WellingtonGame\Content

And most of that is all Static meshes. I think there might be duped content mixed in with that. Other than that, I think they just want to keep the modded game separate from the base. So they duped all the content...

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: Launching an 'editor'? [message #70706 is a reply to message #70669] Mon, 29 September 2014 13:07 Go to previous message
ShooD is currently offline  ShooD
Ok Editor works. But how to load modded files in game?
I changed some textures of the hero in ...WellingtonGame\Content\SkeletonMeshAnimUPK\Hero\HERO_COMP _TEX.upk.
But I do not see the changes in the game. The problem is that the game uses files from the "CookedPC" instead of "Content". Has anyone tried Modding DLC?

All working now.

[Updated on: Tue, 30 September 2014 08:53]

Report message to a moderator

Next Topic: Fable Explorer changes suggestions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 05:18:59 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01027 seconds