Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » Make objects out of foliage
Make objects out of foliage [message #70878] Thu, 19 March 2015 15:46 Go to next message
Zarkes is currently offline  Zarkes
This would be my greatest request as cbox doesn't allow you to edit trees and foliage, a huge thing someone could do is make objects out of all the flora and fauna, and upload it for everyone. Since it all already exists, and no morphing or movement to worry about this should be a relatively simple process. Or, if someone could upload some free meshes of trees that'd be awesome.
Re: Make objects out of foliage [message #70881 is a reply to message #70878] Fri, 20 March 2015 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CultOfByron is currently offline  CultOfByron
Here's an oak tree which I converted to a .nif.

I've also got some silver birches, flowers and am working on the rest. Let me know if there's a more elegant way I could package these for use.
  • Attachment: GreenOak1.zip
    (Size: 289.58KB, Downloaded 532 times)
Re: Make objects out of foliage [message #70882 is a reply to message #70881] Fri, 20 March 2015 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CultOfByron wrote on Fri, 20 March 2015 09:53

Here's an oak tree which I converted to a .nif.

I've also got some silver birches, flowers and am working on the rest. Let me know if there's a more elegant way I could package these for use.
That's awesome dude! I'll credit you with helping me if I ever post up my town.

A more elegant way?? I don't know how many megabytes it would total and if it'd breach the upload limit but the best way for everyone imo would be to post them in fmp form under packages or wip. Specifically, I am in need of a witchwood tree and a snow textured tree. Any thing you are doing currently with that will directly help me tbh.

I am unfamiliar with .nifs unfortunately, can you give me a rundown of inserting them, I'm noob but I learn fast comparativly.
Re: Make objects out of foliage [message #70883 is a reply to message #70882] Fri, 20 March 2015 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

There is at least one tree (OBJECT_WORLDTREE) that is already an object. I would think you can find it using cbox and add as many as you want to the region you like. To make them look different I set them at different heights. You can probably rotate them to make them look even more unique.
Here is a copse I added to Bleach Bone Island:

script

Re: Make objects out of foliage [message #70884 is a reply to message #70883] Fri, 20 March 2015 18:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There are three trees I think some dead ones, logs, and illuminating mushrooms. Some bears too 0.o
Re: Make objects out of foliage [message #70910 is a reply to message #70884] Sat, 11 April 2015 15:04 Go to previous message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

I created a few for Fable TNW, I think the objects are easy enough to create. Just find the meshes in Graphics.big and then use CBox to create a bunch of dummy objects to hold them. If you want a short tutorial I can cook one up

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Previous Topic: Custom house?
Next Topic: enlightning
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:25:24 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01357 seconds