Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » Blender Material Questions
Blender Material Questions [message #70894] Wed, 25 March 2015 08:07 Go to next message
Dr3am3r21 is currently offline  Dr3am3r21
Hello members of fable tlc mod forum! So it's been a long time since I visited this forum and I recently started modding fable tlc again (Yayyy Very Happy )
So I came back with a few questions Razz
I started creating new weapons at blender and I have a few questions:
1) Can I use cycles for materials that will apply to fable?
2) If cycles can't do it can Blender Render machine materials work?
3) Sometimes my models become glithy and all I can see is lines in the game but on Cbox I can view the model just fine... Is there anything that I can do besides remodeling the item?
4) Sometimes when I import my textures as DXT1 it crashes eventhough I don't use alpha on the texture/item but when I import it as a DXT3 with alpha enabled to the object and the texture it works just fine and other times it crushes...

Well... That's for now Razz

Ohh and something else.. I am now logged in from IE...
When I try to log in from Google Chrome it sais my cookies are probably expired... I tried to clean my coockies cache or something Razz from the settings of my browser but still same thing... Any info on that?
Thanks! ^_^ Glad to be back :3

Mod FTW!!! :D
Cpt Dreamer Designs
http://i42.tinypic.com/33ushnt.jpg
Re: Blender Material Questions [message #70927 is a reply to message #70894] Fri, 24 April 2015 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

Well, #3 has had me stumped for some time now. Haven't figured that out.

No materials can be ported over without writing custom exporter/importer software.

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"

[Updated on: Fri, 24 April 2015 19:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Blender Material Questions [message #71106 is a reply to message #70894] Mon, 05 October 2015 02:43 Go to previous message
l3eta is currently offline  l3eta
#1 Probably not
#2 ^ Also the same, Fable uses what it uses and it can't really use anything else.
#3 is hard to even know what is wrong unless you show a picture or possibly try flipping your normals.

#4 define it? CBox, Fable? Most of the textures use DXT1 Compression, there's a few things that could be wrong with the textures.

- Not trying to bump an old thread just trying to give a little more help to future readers/original poster

The world is what you see, but the world can be what you make of it.
Previous Topic: Black models
Next Topic: Summoner bug
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:17:45 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01054 seconds