Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » [Newbie] Questions about modding
[Newbie] Questions about modding [message #71110] Tue, 06 October 2015 08:26 Go to next message
walter253
Welcome to my thread, I'm newbie and working on modding fable.
There is some things I could not figure by researching.

1/ What is the maximum amount that can be set for maximum money that can be hold and maximum item price?
maximum stamina/health/mana for hero ?
maximum Health for CREATURE ?
maximum damage a weapon can inflict ?
maximum experience cost for spells and stats?

2/ How can I extend the alignement limit?
I would make it need 50 000 to be perfectly good and -50 000 to be perfectly evil.

3/ What's the correct way to make child killable? I mostly want this feature to buy all the house in Bowerstone.
NB: I tried to do myself setting certains value to 0 but somehow I miss something. Also tried a mod that are in the forum but it did not work, child still wont die.

4/ About faction, I've tried the mod that allow bandits to fight against monsters, I enjoyed it and I got an idea:

Split the monster into different factions like,
Insects Faction
Hobbes Faction
Trolls Faction
Werewolves Faction
Undeads Faction
Nymphs Faction
And I probably forgot few monsters, put them into the Others Faction.

That way similar monsters wont fight their races member
Nymphs would be neutral with all monsters. Werewolves and Undeads could be together too, maybe.

But i'm not sure it's possible to do, even if so, not sure I know how to do correctly, any advice would be nice.

Thanks for reading! I hope my english is not that trash as I think it might be...have a nice day buds!
Re: [Newbie] Questions about modding [message #71111 is a reply to message #71110] Thu, 08 October 2015 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
l3eta is currently offline  l3eta
#1 I'm sure you can figure that out playing around with the save files and base item prices in shops. I'd look at some programming values, such as Integer.MAX_VALUE, Long.MAX_VALUE. I'd start with Integer if it's higher than that try Integer.MAX_VALUE * 2 then try Long.MAX_VALUE

#2 Again with Saves

#3 Not sure but I'd assume it has something to do with them not being targetable, you might wanna check the "Components" on them.

#4 I'm sure there is something to do this. I'm not sure, I've been writing tools to replace Free roam and FE lately so not spending much time with modding

The world is what you see, but the world can be what you make of it.
Re: [Newbie] Questions about modding [message #71112 is a reply to message #71110] Fri, 09 October 2015 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Walter253b is currently offline  Walter253b
Hi, somehow I can't login with my other account so there is a new account, sorry about that.

Quote:

I'm sure you can figure that out playing around with the save files and base item prices in shops. I'd look at some programming values, such as Integer.MAX_VALUE, Long.MAX_VALUE. I'd start with Integer if it's higher than that try Integer.MAX_VALUE * 2 then try Long.MAX_VALUE

Well, I did not find any limit yet.
The value I'd set are fine by me. Max gold: 999 999 999, my highest weapon deals 10016 dmg, the dragon got one million health. I mean, it's probably enough.

EDIT: Max gold is likely 4294967295 but there is a minor bug if we get more than a certain amount (I think it's 16777215).
At this point after buying something the gold increase (or decrease) animation will show up non-stop, it doesn't affect the gold amount at all just showing green +1 or red -1 until you buy another thing.

Quote:

#2 Again with Saves

The fact is I don't know what value I need to change for the alignement, could not find in hero main stats or global value, unless I'm blind? x)

EDIT: I was totally blind, the value to change is Max Morality in HERO_MAIN_STATS. And the game is well made because the morality gain with quest scale with whatever you set.
It's even possible to change the morality multiplier, editing the script.bin

Quote:

#3 Not sure but I'd assume it has something to do with them not being targetable, you might wanna check the "Components" on them.

Allright, I'll try to check all value from a random villager and a child and see.
At the worste I could replace any single child by adult, might be fun to see these adult going at school Very Happy

Thanks for you answer!

[Updated on: Sat, 17 October 2015 20:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Newbie] Questions about modding [message #71126 is a reply to message #71110] Sat, 17 October 2015 18:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some news :

The max value is likely 4294967295 for any integrer, which make sense it's 65536² -1 , I still don't know about float ones.

About Children, I found a fmp (on a french site) that allow to kill them, I feel bad I did not figure it myself but if anyone want a link, let me know.

Also noticed a minor glitch
During the Guild Training when it comes to kill stag beetles in the wood, If our hero has less then 5 health (I guess) the Guild Master teleport him back saying:
"J'ai du vous sortir de là" , should be something like "I had to release you" for english version.
The glitch is that until we don't recover health we gonna be teleport again and again and unable to go on the woods since the max health is 5.

So if you're gonna to nerf health of hero the lower value should be 15 to be fine.
If you don't see what I'm talking about, then try it, set level 1 health of hero to 5 and try to end the training as child.

Another cool stuff, if you made weapons and magics are allowed at Bowerstone you can kill the guard that ask for a permission, this way you can go at Bowerstone North and
Lady Gray's mayor is accessible.

New question : is there a way to calculate coordinate?
It's hard to guess them while I spawn things editing the .tng directly. At first I thought X=0, Y=0 was the middle of the map, but no it doesn't work like this.

For now I managed to spawn an Assassin at Oakvale near the well, but I used the Coordinate from the girl that smoke blue mushroom... (HE is a friendly assassin allowed to follow the hero and holding the legendary cutlass.You can kill him to loot his weapon but be aware he is strong enough! My plan is adding other Assassin in other town with other legendary weapon - at least the light one - allowing the player to have 6 Assassins with powerfull weapon following him Cool )

Special thanks to this guy
http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&&th=682 3&goto=53636#msg_53636
I can finally make my explosives doesn't hurt me anymore! Very Happy

[Updated on: Sat, 17 October 2015 19:54]

Re: [Newbie] Questions about modding [message #71130 is a reply to message #71126] Sat, 17 October 2015 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The necromancer is currently offline  The necromancer
to change the evil or good points, this is what i did,
changed the evil points on hit of the darkwood trader camp dudes, and made it 700 or something high (420blazeit)
so everytime you kiled them, they gave you that sh*t ton of evil points
Re: [Newbie] Questions about modding [message #71166 is a reply to message #71130] Fri, 30 October 2015 17:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, it might be a top one, some screens to explain easily:

Toggle Spoiler

Wall/doors/rocks/etc. are still blocking the path, what happened here is the hero bypass tree like ghost and can climb moutain, the water also accessible anywhere (but with a glitched camera in depth).

I've no clue why it does that, somehow it happened, I probably changed something, sadly I don't remember what, got no clues at all.

I would assume it happened to other modder in the past (or they simply did it because they would), so well my question is if anyone know about let me know please.

But it doesn't bother me, in contrary I enjoy it.
I can now explore the entire level that's great to me even if it look weird.

Off topic bonus screen:
Toggle Spoiler

[Updated on: Fri, 30 October 2015 17:57]

Re: [Newbie] Questions about modding [message #71816 is a reply to message #71110] Tue, 15 June 2021 02:12 Go to previous message
sharonjjk99 is currently offline  sharonjjk99
Its nice, if you have a boyfriend and fiancé you just need to manage this relation for a proper planning. Click here ptcl speed test for more information. Because these type of relation is very sensitive and if you don't take care for your relation then you missed your relation.
So bring your relation is strong and doing time for your fiancé and be honest with your fiancé or boyfriend.
Previous Topic: Removing intro animations [HowTo]
Next Topic: Skybox/sky,
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 11:44:12 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00960 seconds