Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Hitbox for weapons?
Hitbox for weapons? [message #71185] Tue, 03 November 2015 21:53 Go to next message
Walter253b is currently offline  Walter253b
I was working on a new weapon called "Rose Blade" , to make that fun I made it to use the model from the black rose.

It works, meanwhile the game doesn't crash and the hero can use it as well but got that issue:

The Rose Blade can't hit anything, even a barrel it won't hit.
Guess something to do with the hitbox, since the black rose model isn't intended to be a weapon.

I tried to do a new CTargetingDef with a doubled TargetArc, also edited MeleeTargetArc and TargetingRange in CWeaponDef. It did nothing.

I know for a fact if I increase the scale of a weapon -or a creature- the hitbox scale aswell. I tried it with the stick, made it 3 times bigger, it has a long range plus it hits multiple enemies like a swipe. (funny btw I recommend you a try Very Happy )
However it seems that does'nt work for my Rose Blade.

Maybe the hitbox are made with the mesh, so I would edit the mesh to make that hit?
I'm out of idea for now.
saying that I've no knownledge about graphics editing as long as I avoid these, I'm so bad with it

[Updated on: Tue, 03 November 2015 21:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Hitbox for weapons? [message #71186 is a reply to message #71185] Thu, 05 November 2015 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
Yeah, you have to add the helpers to the mesh. They are HPNT_WEAPON_POS_01 and HPNT_WEAPON_POS_02. Just copy them from another weapon mesh.

Are you shpongled?

[Updated on: Thu, 05 November 2015 06:19]

Re: Hitbox for weapons? [message #71187 is a reply to message #71186] Thu, 05 November 2015 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks.

I can't do that with FE nor cbox right? -
I found that.

Look like I need this 3d thing. Confused then have to learn this, I'll probably end up to fail few times and forfeit as usual each time I mess with graphics. Very Happy

Giving a try anyway, I think I see what I've to do here, it just sounds hard to me.
I really noob with any graphics tools - even paint.

EDIT: can't even try, 3DS keep crashing - I'm so mad I wasted my day to figure that I need to replace my computer asap. Mad
It seems got the sames issues I've with AlbionExplorer. It's fine on the family computer but can't really manage to use it a long time, at least I learned some stuff!
could be useful to me later

[Updated on: Thu, 05 November 2015 16:45]

Re: Hitbox for weapons? [message #71196 is a reply to message #71187] Sun, 08 November 2015 19:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
You can download Blender for free and use morerune's Blender sword template.
There's a link to a tutorial in that thread.
Use blender 2.49b to load the template and import your model that you exported from FE or cbox. Then move the helpers to the appropriate places and export the model as .x and import it back into FE or cbox and add the texture id.
morerunes wrote on Sat, 11 April 2015 18:02

Use the old version of blender 2.49b, it comes with a built-in script to import and it works with fable's meshes.

Are you shpongled?

[Updated on: Sun, 08 November 2015 19:32]

Re: Hitbox for weapons? [message #71197 is a reply to message #71196] Tue, 10 November 2015 22:14 Go to previous message
Hey blender works well on my computer, and I finally made the rose hit things. Smile

But it took me hours to do, definitly not my cup of tea lol. Guess I've to familiarise more with blender.

Anyway this gave me a cool information, I figured that I can change texture applied on mesh with whatever I want (oh well some mix looks weird like the texture from Crystal Longsword applied on the Sword Of Aeons)

Thanks Sparrow for your help! Smile

[Updated on: Tue, 10 November 2015 22:18]

Previous Topic: Physical shield problems
Next Topic: Harder Jack of blades
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:46:02 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01388 seconds