Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » Please Help.
Please Help. [message #70857] Fri, 27 February 2015 18:33 Go to next message
TheChosenOne is currently offline  TheChosenOne
What's up guys? Is there any possible way to mod Fable TLC on windows 8? I've been trying really hard recently and i keep getting messages saying the object isn't set to a reference but i finally fixed it and got it to where i can load the fmp, but when i try to save and run the game it shows an error saying the system cannot find the file specified. Please help me out.

[Updated on: Fri, 27 February 2015 18:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Please Help. [message #71248 is a reply to message #70857] Sun, 20 December 2015 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmoxgaming is currently offline  mmoxgaming
Do you have a disc of Fable TLC or the Steam version?
If you have the Steam version I'd advise that you use the Shadownet build of Fable Explorer, you can change the directory in the config.xml file when you download it.
Quote:

<FableExplorer>
<ApplicationSettings>
<UseRegistry>FALSE</UseRegistry>
<RegistryPath>SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Microsoft Games\\Fable\\1.0</RegistryPath>
<InstallDirectory>C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fable The Lost Chapters</InstallDirectory>
<InternalSplash>FALSE</InternalSplash>
<SplashFileName>Shadow Net.jpg</SplashFileName>
</ApplicationSettings>
</FableExplorer>

When you download it go on the config.xml and change UseRegistry to FALSE. then change the InstallDirectory to your actual game directory. This would work if you use a Steam version or just have it installed somewhere random. I'm not that good at this but I hope that might've helped.
Re: Please Help. [message #71253 is a reply to message #71248] Mon, 21 December 2015 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Walter253b is currently offline  Walter253b
Quote:

<InstallDirectory>C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fable The Lost Chapters</InstallDirectory>

\ at the end is missing.

It has to be <InstallDirectory>C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fable The Lost Chapters\</InstallDirectory>

[Updated on: Mon, 21 December 2015 23:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Please Help. [message #71259 is a reply to message #71253] Tue, 22 December 2015 19:57 Go to previous message
mmoxgaming is currently offline  mmoxgaming
Ah yes thank you, I have fixed that in my Fable Explorer now, it is important to add that \ at the end. Also to have the game out of any ProgramFiles.
Previous Topic: Fable Explorer Won't Work Please Help
Next Topic: Fable Anniversary With Fable Explorer? (ShadowNet)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:51:41 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01283 seconds