Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » Chocolate Box Won't Work
icon9.gif  Chocolate Box Won't Work [message #71256] Tue, 22 December 2015 16:02 Go to next message
mmoxgaming is currently offline  mmoxgaming
Hello, I have another issue, sorry.
I downloaded Chocolate Box a little while after I finally fixed my Fable Explorer and Chocolate Box doesn't want to work either.
So, when I downloaded the cbox.zip file I downloaded ChocolateBox-x64.exe too because my computer is 64 bit, when i try to run the regular ChocolateBox.exe it just stops responding immediately, when i run ChocolateBox-x64.exe it gives me an error (yes i did put the x64.exe file in the cbox file with everything else).
This is the error:
Quote:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. System.NullReferenceExeption: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at ChocoloateBox.Settings.Load() at ChocolateBox.FormMain_Load(Object sender, Eventargs e)

Thanks for reading this I would really appreciate some help!

EDIT: I did just find where you can change the path of your game for chocolate box and changed to to my path.
Quote:

C:\Games\Fable The Lost Chapters

But I still get the same error.

[Updated on: Tue, 22 December 2015 16:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Chocolate Box Won't Work [message #71258 is a reply to message #71256] Tue, 22 December 2015 19:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just one more thing, there's something weird in my ChocolateBox.INI
Quote:

[Settings]

FableRegistry = Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Fable\1.0
;MyPath = C:\Games\Fable The Lost Chapters

I don't know why there is a ; before MyPath. I tried deleting it and saving the INI file and booting ChocolateBox-x64.exe but a little window pops up saying
Quote:

Your modding environment is not set up properly. Do you want ChocolateBox to fix it?

I click yes and a window pops up titled Extracting and it just stops responding there. I think I'm getting close to fixing this.
Re: Chocolate Box Won't Work [message #71260 is a reply to message #71258] Tue, 22 December 2015 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Walter253b is currently offline  Walter253b
Quote:

I don't know why there is a ; before MyPath.

; means the current line is not used.

Quote:

[Settings]

FableRegistry = Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Fable\1.0
;MyPath = C:\Games\Fable The Lost Chapters

Cbox is using the registry to load, which is probably a wrong path. You can try to find the correct RegistryPath but it's up to you, I didn't mess with that in my case.

This is my correct one:

Quote:

[Settings]

;FableRegistry = Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Fable\1.0
MyPath = C:\Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters

As you can see the ; is now before FableRegistry instead of MyPath. Also you can see the \ at the very end is not needed for cbox. Razz

Yet, make sure you did use freeroam (eg etract your FinalAlbion.WAD) before loading cbox. There is some tutorial about it in the labelled section, you might check them. Wink

[Updated on: Tue, 22 December 2015 22:43]

Re: Chocolate Box Won't Work [message #71261 is a reply to message #71260] Wed, 23 December 2015 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay thank you for the help. I'm using an fmp of free roam right now but I'll try the app too I guess. Also I put the ; in front of FableRegistry instead of MyPath

[Updated on: Wed, 23 December 2015 11:48]

Re: Chocolate Box Won't Work [message #71262 is a reply to message #71261] Wed, 23 December 2015 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I'm using an fmp of free roam

Uh? Please can you tell me what is that?
Re: Chocolate Box Won't Work [message #71263 is a reply to message #71262] Wed, 23 December 2015 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
Walter253b wrote on Thu, 24 December 2015 00:34

Quote:

I'm using an fmp of free roam

Uh? Please can you tell me what is that?

A fable mod package replacing the lev files in the wad with freeroam patched levs. Here

Are you shpongled?

[Updated on: Wed, 23 December 2015 21:53]

Re: Chocolate Box Won't Work [message #71264 is a reply to message #71263] Thu, 24 December 2015 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice to know. Thanks Sparrow!

Happy Christmas to anyone that read this. Smile

[Updated on: Thu, 24 December 2015 09:26]

Re: Chocolate Box Won't Work [message #71298 is a reply to message #71264] Fri, 29 January 2016 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh wow I forgot all about this post. I'm just randomly seeing what I can find out about my cbox and it's issues. I also just re-downloaded it. So, I added the ChocolateBox-x64.exe to my cbox file because I'm on a 64 bit system. ChocolateBox.exe still stops responding exactly when I launch it. I also switched some stuff around in my ChocolateBox.INI. Like This:
Quote:

;FableRegistry = Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Fable\1.0
MyPath = C:\Games\Fable The Lost Chapters

When I boot ChocolateBox-x64.exe a window pops up and says:
Quote:

Your modding environment is not set up properly. Do you want ChocolateBox to fix it?

When this happens I can obviously choose, yes, or no. When I click no it says:
Quote:

Modding environment is not OK. Application will now exit.
When I click yes, a window called "Extracting," pops up. And it just stops responding there. Like I said I am using a fmp for free roam which works great in game, I'm not sure if I should use the free roam app, or leave it alone. The free roam app however doesn't work on my pc either. Also one more thing, I had ChocolateBox working on my old computer a couple years ago, and I don't think I had free roam straight from the free roam app.
icon8.gif  Re: Chocolate Box Won't Work [message #71301 is a reply to message #71256] Sat, 30 January 2016 11:52 Go to previous message
Well, I have tried installing free roam from the free roam app and it isn't working. So, I open the FreeRoam.exe and under Extract I select TNG and Lev (Patched), then I click File, Open and I select my FinalAlbion.wad. Then after that I click the RIP! button and and I save the Fable Wad Dumper to data, then after I do that it gives me a error saying:
Quote:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. The output char buffer is too small to contain the decoded characters, encoding 'Unicode (UTF-8)' fallback 'System.Text.DecoderReplacementFallback.' Parameter name: chars.
Then I can click details and this pops up below:
Quote:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: The output char buffer is too small to contain the decoded characters, encoding 'Unicode (UTF-8)' fallback 'System.Text.DecoderReplacementFallback'.
Parameter name: chars
at System.Text.Encoding.ThrowCharsOverflow()
at System.Text.Encoding.ThrowCharsOverflow(DecoderNLS decoder, Boolean nothingDecoded)
at System.Text.UTF8Encoding.GetChars(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteCount, Char* chars, Int32 charCount, DecoderNLS baseDecoder)
at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteCount, Char* chars, Int32 charCount, Boolean flush)
at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount, Char[] chars, Int32 charIndex, Boolean flush)
at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount, Char[] chars, Int32 charIndex)
at System.IO.BinaryReader.InternalReadOneChar()
at System.IO.BinaryReader.Read()
at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadChar()
at FreeRoam.Form1.btnPatch_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(M essage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8669 (QFE.050727-8600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorl ib.dll
----------------------------------------
FreeRoam
Assembly Version: 1.0.2070.28456
Win32 Version: 1.0.2070.28456
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Roger/Desktop/freeroam/FreeRoam.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8662 (QFE.050727-8600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2. 0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8662 (QFE.050727-8600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c5 61934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8663 (QFE.050727-8600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0_ _b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.8662 (QFE.050727-8600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8 .0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I don't know what all this means but hopefully someone can help.
Previous Topic: been a long time, got a error
Next Topic: How use Fable Explorer (mod)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:32:15 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01549 seconds