Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Level Scripting » How do you create your own level?
How do you create your own level? [message #71314] Sun, 07 February 2016 14:15 Go to next message
YesMate09 is currently offline  YesMate09
Like how do i make a new level, i want to make like an area in greatwood lake where the bridge has been repaired and it teleports to a new area.
Re: How do you create your own level? [message #71316 is a reply to message #71314] Mon, 08 February 2016 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

I have changed that bridge out and made it a teleporter already. I can give you stuff easier than I can teach you. Put the script in the spoiler tags into the Greatwood3 tng in place of the broken bridge. Change the red line out with the EntranceConnectedtoUID for the Region you want to go to from the bridge.
The attached file has almost all of the EntranceConnectedtoUIDs.
Toggle Spoiler

If you want to learn how to do this on your own check the wiki. It was hard to figure out, but possible.

[Updated on: Mon, 08 February 2016 06:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How do you create your own level? [message #71317 is a reply to message #71314] Tue, 09 February 2016 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YesMate09 is currently offline  YesMate09
Is there no way i could make my own level though instead of teleporting to a vanilla one?
Re: How do you create your own level? [message #71318 is a reply to message #71317] Tue, 09 February 2016 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

There is no easy way to create new Regions I don't think. You can do it if you disable all the quests and make adjustments to some game files. There is info on that here:
http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=44750
It will not be a matter of skimming the thread and asking for help. For one, I don't understand it all, and only a few less active members do understand it. Secondly, it is a complicated process. If you take your time and learn all about modding from the ground up you should be able to figure some of it out. Once you learn the basics, search for "new Region".
I hope you figure it out and make some cool new regions and share what you make.
Good luck

Re: How do you create your own level? [message #71362 is a reply to message #71317] Fri, 18 March 2016 11:49 Go to previous message
Sparrow
JohnDoe wrote a while ago

The only way to play with new maps (for now) is to not use the STB. We can add new maps to the STB as well, but we cannot add to the "master map index" (don't know what else to call it) in the STB the game will crash on startup unless the STB loading is skipped altogether.
If the game doesn't load the STB, new maps are not a problem. The new problem then is that you don't have a landscape.

How to create a new map:

Take a map. Let's say FrescoDome. We're going to copy and paste the LEV and TNG for this map, renaming them to... FresnoDome. Note the spelling. Let's adjust the WLD to include our new map.

NewMap 399;
MapX 32320;
MapY 32320;

LevelName "FinalAlbion\FresnoDome.lev";
LevelScriptName "FresnoDome";
MapUID 1000001;
IsSea FALSE;
LoadedOnPlayerProximity TRUE;
EndMap;

NewRegion 142;
RegionName "FresnoDome";
NewDisplayName "TXT_REGION_FRESNO_DOME";
RegionDef "REGION_FRESNO_DOME";

AppearOnWorldMap;
MiniMapGraphic MINIMAP_FRESNODOME;
MiniMapScale 1.0;
MiniMapOffsetX 7.0;
MiniMapOffsetY -6.0;
WorldMapOffsetX 448.0;
WorldMapOffsetY 320.0;
NameGraphicOffsetX 0.0;
NameGraphicOffsetY 0.0;
ContainsMap "FinalAlbion\FresnoDome.lev";
EndRegion;

Large numbers will prevent overlap with existing maps, keep these numbers divisible by 32. Good practice, use a personal 3 digit number in your coords for a reason explained in the next line.
UIDs over 1000000 will prevent conflict with existing maps. A good practice would be to include a personal 3 digit number at the start to prevent conflict with other created maps from other members... if we can ever do this on a large and wide scale.
Create these entries.
And note the AppearOnWorldMap - this allows for cullis gates should you want to use one on the map. Speaking of...

You can add a new map section "NEWMAP 399" in the GTG. This is where you will put cullis gates, holy sites, region entrances and region exits.

Flip UseCompiledWorldFiles in userst.ini to FALSE, this bypasses the bwd so that the game only uses the wld.

Rename the STB. Load Fable. No crash? You have a new map! Now if only it had a landscape, one that we could modify, and if only we could change the navdata. Then custom mapping would be fully complete and the possibilities would be endless. Next to this, being able to modify gameflow and quests, and create and invoke completely new and custom cutscenes, then we would have a game that can be truly modded.

Are you shpongled?

[Updated on: Thu, 05 January 2017 02:49]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: 2nd marital house
Next Topic: Tng/gtg script spreadsheet
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 00:59:34 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01678 seconds