Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » Question:Possibility of adding entirely new spells or more levels to skills
Question:Possibility of adding entirely new spells or more levels to skills [message #71143] Sat, 24 October 2015 03:21 Go to next message
veiledinmisery is currently offline  veiledinmisery
Is it possible to add seperate spells/skills without replacing old ones? if so could someone perhaps explain the steps required to achieve this?

I was thinking of adding skills related to regeneration of health and Will, and i'm not too keen on replacing other skills to achieve this (maybe toughness as a last resort).

My other question would be related to adding more levels to already existing skills. One thing I find annoying about games is limitations, and only leveling a spell to 4 or a skill to 7 leaves alot to be desired.
Re: Question:Possibility of adding entirely new spells or more levels to skills [message #71144 is a reply to message #71143] Sat, 24 October 2015 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Walter253b is currently offline  Walter253b
To add more levels of existing skills, I think you've to tweak MAIN_HERO_STATS (ID 2519)

I'm bad to explain things but there is screen:

Notice that there is 2 Add button, do not touch the one in the red circle, click the other one, then I think you've to copy paste the value in the blue rectangle.

Also you might want to tweak the text ability too.

I've no clue for the next step, I don't know if it works as I did not tried it yet, basically it'll add a new level for Strenght but with no effects. If someone know more about it would be nice to know.

For adding new spells, I don't think it's possible, I did not have seen anything about in the forum.

[Updated on: Sat, 24 October 2015 10:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Question:Possibility of adding entirely new spells or more levels to skills [message #71146 is a reply to message #71144] Sat, 24 October 2015 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
veiledinmisery is currently offline  veiledinmisery
Thanks, I'll try messing with it and report back results. the
reason I asked is because I saw areas when looking at spells
to add more levels, and I wanted to know what I was getting
into before doing any editing(not looking forward to re-adding
mods/edits i've done).

the only issue I see is i'm not sure if they'll pop up in the
level up screen. I know with skyrim editing for example you
have to go through quite a few steps for something to show up
In UI. and i'm not sure how adjustable it is in this. that or
it'll outright crash.

EDIT: It Fucking works! the only problem I had was creating
new text files. but really, who needs them? it displays how
much it costs for the upgrade and that's all that matters.

Now for what I tested. I Altered the level entries you
mentioned above(I was testing health increases) by adding 16
total entries , and then I altered(also in Main_hero_Stats)
health per level(Also Adding 16 entires).

I might make it go somewhere between 50 - 1000, and
drastically reduce the amount it adds and costs

I'm not sure if you're supposed to ask this in the same thread
or not. but I have one last question. Is there a way to alter
the armor rating system, or maybe a way to create your own
through effects?(sounds very skyrim'y I know.)

what I'm looking to do is make armor rating directly effect
how much damage a given attack does rather than reducing it by
a percentage. e.g. if I have 50 armor rating and a weapon does
49, I want it to do 0 damage. I plan on doing something similar with toughness. I want to make a more realistic system
where weaker weapons have no effect on superior armor nor
bodies. I might also have to add an augment on all weapons
that reduces armor rating on hit depending on weapon. (e.g.
swords useless against armor, taking only minimal amounts away
from total. picks drastically weakening armor and maces
killing people in said armor.)

[Updated on: Sat, 24 October 2015 17:29]

Re: Question:Possibility of adding entirely new spells or more levels to skills [message #71152 is a reply to message #71146] Sun, 25 October 2015 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Walter253b is currently offline  Walter253b
Quote:

It Fucking works! the only problem I had was creating
new text files. but really, who needs them? it displays how
much it costs for the upgrade and that's all that matters.

Now for what I tested. I Altered the level entries you
mentioned above(I was testing health increases) by adding 16
total entries , and then I altered(also in Main_hero_Stats)
health per level(Also Adding 16 entires).

Oh,I see what you did there, I should have do the link with these one. Well sweet that worked!
For the text I can feel you. XD

Quote:

I'm not sure if you're supposed to ask this in the same thread
or not.

I guess you have to. I did a thread with all my questions and some stuff.

About Armor, I would recommend this thread:
http://fablehero.com/threads/guide-changing-armor-rating.308 2/
Some stuff you need to know.

Now for what you want to do, I don't know if it's possible to tweak the formula the game use to calculate damage.

The best you can do is as you said make new augmentation for all weapon, it would be 5 differents new augmentation for Iron/Steel/Ebony/Crystal/Legendary, each with no particular effect (pick the piercing one as a base).

To change what CREATURE use what ARMOR, you have to change the CHitLocationsDef, this link an HIT_LOCATION to the CREATURE.
The HIT_LOCATION link to an ARMOR.
You might want change all of them.
Make sure you know that:
http://fabletlcmod.com/wiki/doku.php?id=def_editing:amour_ty pes (this is for damage type, not for augmenation type)

To make a new augmentation:
Add new entry for OBJECT , name it like OBJECT_IRON_AUGMENTATION
For the exemple I'll use my GodSlayer augmentation:

Make sure entries are correctly linked, you need a new CInventoryItemDef, and a new CAugmentationDef.
A new CStockItemDef would not be useful here since you don't plan to have these sellable nor buyable.

About the CAugmentationDef:

You have to change the value in the red rectangle. Here it is 1024 because the way it works.

1 is Sharpening, 2 is Silver, 4 is Flame, 8 is Lightning, 16 is Piercing, 32 is Experience, 64 is Health, 128 is Mana, 256 is Hobbe Killer, 512 is Bandit Slayer.

You can see the number is doubled each time.
It means 3 is Silver and Sharpening mixed together, 5 would be Flame/Sharpening, 18 would be Piercing/Silver etc. (this is not used in the original game but you can use that aswell to make a minion weak to a Flame&Lightning weapon - the value would be 12 - but resistant against Flame or Lightning alone.)

So in order to make your augmentation you have to start with 1024 then 2048, etc.
(It might have a limit but to reach it you would make a lot of new CAugmentationDef)

Then reproduce these step to have your 5 augmentations you need to seperate weapon.
When they are ready you have to set them in all ARMOR like this:

Ofc for my godslayer augmentation the multiplier is set to 3 because it's a powerfull augmentation I made.

You can also make more, so each weapon type would have their own specifity (like you said : Sword type, Mace type etc) with their own tier (Iron Sword - Steel Katana - Ebony Mace etc.)

If i'm not clear on certain point do not hesitate to ask.
Also anyone, correct me if I'm wrong please!

[Updated on: Sun, 25 October 2015 13:05]

Re: Question:Possibility of adding entirely new spells or more levels to skills [message #71554 is a reply to message #71143] Sun, 09 October 2016 13:58 Go to previous message
Arkitakama7 is currently offline  Arkitakama7
I tried adding new levels to the upgrades myself, but it only worked on the stat upgrades (toughness, health, guile, will power, etc), and not the spells (Lightning, Fireball, Berserk, etc). I changed both the HERO_ABILITY entries and the individual SPECIAL_ABILITIES defs to include six entries on everything that originally included four (doing my best to keep the original math intact, of course). I even tried adding entries in the Spells + Attribute Levels under the HERO_STATS for each spell, since that's where the stat upgrades were. Nothing worked, and my spell levels are stuck at 4. Is there an entry somewhere that limits how many spell levels exist that I can change, or am I missing something?
Previous Topic: Chocolate Box/Buyable Houses
Next Topic: I made it
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:01:17 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01454 seconds