Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Project: The Lost Ego (I am aiming to rebuild Project Ego through Fable.)
icon4.gif  Project: The Lost Ego [message #71677] Sat, 04 August 2018 11:43 Go to next message
420everday is currently offline  420everday
I haven't done much yet, but I am looking for help.
If your interested and have some Fable modding knowledge let me know.
I think the Project Ego mod for fable now is terrible. I am looking for people to help with modeling and textures and help with the locations new weapons
possible co-op feature similar to the one for Skyrim, and a lot more. FRC has hardly done anything to there mod for project ego and i want to see it done.

Screenshots:

https://photos.google.com/u/1/photo/AF1QipMEaovtaeHLjBEvXIngPFXx89dsp2OKnRkTd9oT

https://photos.google.com/u/1/photo/AF1QipMk1ZJcbXL3DkPLZ6TQ9kfN2mFH6XQ3Jas-5ahv

https://photos.google.com/u/1/photo/AF1QipP6LX6NAyC38CT3Au1uVDaQl4dKpm4yb0WG5IcO

[Updated on: Sat, 04 August 2018 17:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Project: The Lost Ego [message #71678 is a reply to message #71677] Sat, 04 August 2018 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Avarice is currently offline  Avarice
I actually started doing something similar, but with a different take on it.
However, the site has been having issues, so none of my posts are currently showing up.

[Here is a Link for now, if you are ever interested in checking it out]

If you do decide to actually play it, just know that there are some known issues. As it's in Alpha.
With the site being the way it is, it's currently impossible for me to explain these things to people.

You haven't went into great detail on what kind of mod this is, but to help give you an example, my mod is mainly a .TNG edit. However, I am also making custom content, which will be both .FMP and .BIG files that you would install alongside the world mod. I wouldn't mind trying out this mod of yours, as I am always looking for inspiration along with my research from the Project Ego-era of Fable's Development. Also, your images aren't working for me. Try uploading them to your post, rather than links.

P.S. Adding Co-op/multiplayer features is almost impossible, as far as anyone here is aware.

That and a lot of things that were planned for Project Ego, were scrapped/removed from the TLC version of Fable.
As there is still a lot of the data on the Xbox Original version, that people have yet to flesh out and make into actual mods.

(presumably because they don't work, like the Multiplayer feature, for example).

Just another fan of the best game that was ever created...

[Updated on: Sat, 04 August 2018 23:45]

Re: Project: The Lost Ego [message #71679 is a reply to message #71678] Sun, 05 August 2018 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well basically what i mainly want out of my mod is for Fable to be as close and similar to Project Ego as possible. I figured co-op was probably not doable, along with other features that were meant to be in Fable. However my goal is for this mod is to get as close to a Fable remake as i can without breaking every quest and making the game unplayable. For examples, i plan on redoing Bowerstone bridge to have no river or bridge just steps leading up to the town, also most of lookout point and the guild exterior to look like it did in ego, or new weapons clothes armors hairstyles spell mods much more enemy drops more chests across albion possible new locations in fillers. I was also gonna try and see if it would be possible for me to make quest cards actual peices of paper you grab off a table where the map in the guild is. The way im doing this is through Project Ego videos and screenshots so i can match the regions in fable to look just like they should have in ego. I plan on editing every single last region and lots of region merging. All of this without breaking the game because most mods with this large of a goal for Fable have utterly destroyed the games quest line and such making it unplayable. And like i mentioned, I have noticed hardly any progress in the alpha of the actual Project ego mod plus lots of laziness. I am a huge huge Fable fan and i believe this idea has tons of potential, but its a lot for me to do entirely myself, but for now I'm doing as much as i can. And i'll have to check out your mod, always interested in what this community has to offer Fable modding kicks ass.
Re: Project: The Lost Ego [message #71680 is a reply to message #71679] Sun, 05 August 2018 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found a tunnel for the guild caves that I assume you had to walk through to get to the guild caves then the chamber of fate. the tunnel is similar to the ones in hobbe cave but a lot longer. I also found something that was supposed to be put in orchard farm and its an entrance to an underground mine, also found another entrance for hobbe cave that was never used. these few things obviously had to have been from project ego.
Re: Project: The Lost Ego [message #71681 is a reply to message #71680] Sun, 05 August 2018 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is my new entrance to the guild exterior similar to the one from Project Ego in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWQTipjc-vg&t=93s
But there is still work to be done on it
Re: Project: The Lost Ego [message #71682 is a reply to message #71681] Sun, 05 August 2018 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also notice the dialogue box on the bottom of the screen where i'm using the old boasting platform from ego. I want to find a possible way so that happens when you approach people and when you do it would just say talk in the dialogue box. Because when you approach the pedestals on that platform that dialogue box appears saying what the boast is without you even doing anything, unlike the boasting menu from regular fable. I have much to many crazy ideas for this but I'm hoping i can actually make this mod a thing.
Re: Project: The Lost Ego [message #71684 is a reply to message #71682] Sun, 05 August 2018 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gathered some new screenshots of the early stage of the new bandit toll map in greatwood.
Re: Project: The Lost Ego [message #71687 is a reply to message #71677] Sun, 05 August 2018 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
These images look pretty promising.
Also, is that Guild Caves part legit? I have never noticed that myself.

My last question is, did you make this from scratch (empty map) or did you edit the games objects and architecture to make it look how you want?
I am just asking because other than the stuff you've done, everything else looks empty.

It makes sense if you're starting from scratch, but that leaves you with a shot ton of work to do.
I tried to maintain as much of the original game as I could (a part from quests, obviously) but just changed things to my liking.

This is also why I mentioned the original Xbox version, for all I know, there could be some pieces of architecture that was intended for Project Ego.

[Updated on: Mon, 06 August 2018 00:07]

Re: Project: The Lost Ego [message #71688 is a reply to message #71687] Mon, 06 August 2018 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The only real issue I can see you facing really is that if you've made your mod like mine, then you're going to be missing out on quests, cut-scenes and other stuff.
Which is why I based my mod on exploration and grinding, including out-of-bound areas.

So then, people can just save up for modded weapons (since I am trying to make it compatible with most weapon/armour mods on this site).

It may not look like it, if you ever see it, but I have almost spent 100 hours on my mod and it's no-where near finished lol.
That could just be me being a massive noob, though.

Re: Project: The Lost Ego [message #71689 is a reply to message #71687] Mon, 06 August 2018 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah if you look for tunnel under objects you can find a guild cave tunnel, its much longer but similar to the ones in hobbe cave. what i did for that was i went into the guild caves map and just tried to fit the tunnel outside of the regular guild caves so to get to the chamber of fate you walk through the tunnel to the bottom of it then your at the little bridge to the chamber of fate. By start from scratch are you talking about like all the objects in each region? if so i use fable bare to remove all the annoying fences and walls and clutter.
Re: Project: The Lost Ego [message #71690 is a reply to message #71689] Mon, 06 August 2018 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, you pretty much answered my question with Fable Bare.
Though I want it to have an essence of Project Ego, I still quite like the way the original Fable turned out.

Hence why I am just using a lot of stuff as inspiration, rather than doing the amazing work you and the Project Ego Mod team did.
Since that will take a lot of effort, rebuilding every single region from scratch. My mod merely alters the original world.

As you can imagine, I am pretty lazy. But pretty dedicated to learn, nonetheless.

Re: Project: The Lost Ego [message #71691 is a reply to message #71690] Tue, 07 August 2018 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm now canceling this mod to develop project ego with frc.
Re: Project: The Lost Ego [message #71692 is a reply to message #71691] Tue, 07 August 2018 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Congratulations, man!

If I recall, they had scripts and stuff working with their mod.
However, are lacking translations for their mod.

Which is why I have never played it, completely.
I merely explored and took stuff in.

[Updated on: Tue, 07 August 2018 22:46]

Re: Project: The Lost Ego [message #71693 is a reply to message #71677] Thu, 09 August 2018 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FRC_union is currently offline  FRC_union
Hey, we are still here Smile
Few words about Project Ego Mod by FRC. As I know, team of that mod refused plans of restoration original "Project Ego as beta Fable" long time ago, maybe at the beginning or so.

"Project Ego" in its name means the philosophy of new possibilities, not restoration of old content (except some cut items from game files).

Your sincerely, Torionel and others :)
Re: Project: The Lost Ego [message #71694 is a reply to message #71693] Thu, 09 August 2018 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys!
Do you know if FRC's Project Ego mod will ever get any updates any time soon?

I'm really liking how much I have played so far and was just wondering if you guys will ever be changing or adding anything?
If I recall, one of you said that a translation maybe possible Smile

[Updated on: Thu, 09 August 2018 07:15]

Re: Project: The Lost Ego [message #71695 is a reply to message #71694] Mon, 13 August 2018 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FRC_union is currently offline  FRC_union
Stoned_Villager wrote on Thu, 09 August 2018 17:12
Hey guys!
Do you know if FRC's Project Ego mod will ever get any updates any time soon?

I'm really liking how much I have played so far and was just wondering if you guys will ever be changing or adding anything?
If I recall, one of you said that a translation maybe possible Smile
Hi! It's great to hear, as for me Smile
I've just talking with their new team leader Andrey, they work on, as before, and will be adding new things, of course Cool

Your sincerely, Torionel and others :)
Re: Project: The Lost Ego [message #71696 is a reply to message #71695] Mon, 13 August 2018 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its a huge project, but lots is being done
Re: Project: The Lost Ego [message #71697 is a reply to message #71696] Tue, 14 August 2018 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, I can't really do anything new about my mod until something is done about the site,
so if you guys ever need someone to test out the mod, I have loads of spare time these days.

It might even help to influence my own project.

[Updated on: Tue, 14 August 2018 13:11]

Re: Project: The Lost Ego [message #71738 is a reply to message #71677] Wed, 05 June 2019 18:52 Go to previous message
I am back and so is this mod see videos on it on my channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ4KqWYKY4IMrW9QLS7O8gA?vie w_as=subscriber
Previous Topic: FRC's Modding Guide
Next Topic: Fable Modding Discord!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Mar 18 19:35:34 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01305 seconds