FABLE: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene Site Rules 

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Level Scripting » How can I use Edited Maps without crashing Fable TLC
How can I use Edited Maps without crashing Fable TLC [message #71764] Sun, 14 January 2018 02:48 Go to next message
FableTLC is currently offline  FableTLC
I was working with CBox a bit on the Lookout Point but when I'm going to the Region Fable crashes. Sad
Re: How can I use Edited Maps without crashing Fable TLC [message #71765 is a reply to message #71764] Sun, 14 January 2018 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stoned_Villager is currently offline  Stoned_Villager
Do you mean: When you go to location that you edited, in-game, that it crashes?
Or that C'box crashes when you open up a region?

EDIT: I am guessing you mean the game, as you said 'Fable Crashes'

Maybe you got rid of something with-in that region, that you weren't supposed to?
(I doubt this, as people have mods for making the world empty, anyways)

Also, I remember you mentioning in an earlier post, about TNG Files...
...Maybe that's were your error lies?

Since I don't know what changes you could of possibly made, all I can suggest is replacing Lookout_Point.tng with the original one, from a back-up.
(you should always have a back-up of your game, unless you enjoy un-installing and installing the game constantly).

Once you've backed-up your game, try again, but don't alter the TNG this time.

Just a big fan of the greatest game that was ever created...

[Updated on: Sun, 14 January 2018 06:00]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How can I use Edited Maps without crashing Fable TLC [message #71766 is a reply to message #71765] Sun, 14 January 2018 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FableTLC is currently offline  FableTLC
How can I make a Backup File? I'm not so good in modding Fable Confused
Re: How can I use Edited Maps without crashing Fable TLC [message #71767 is a reply to message #71766] Sun, 14 January 2018 09:51 Go to previous message
Stoned_Villager is currently offline  Stoned_Villager
When you install the game for the first time, simply copy the Data folder (or the entire Fable Folder, which is what I do) from it's directory.

Copy and paste it anywhere on your computer, but make sure that you know where it is.
(I have made mistakes, where I have accidentally edited a back-up, rather than the actual game, so becareful)

This is useful because if you know how you messed up, then you can simply delete the Fable you are currently using and paste in the back-up.
And if you know exactly how you messed up, then you can simply replace that file from your back-up.

If you use Steam, then this is usually found in 'My Program / Steam / Steamapps'
If you have a physical copy, then it might be in a different place.

Good luck, man!

Just a big fan of the greatest game that was ever created...

[Updated on: Sun, 14 January 2018 10:00]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Add maps to Fable TLC
Next Topic: Holy Site List
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 22 18:15:55 PDT 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01050 seconds