FABLE: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene Site Rules 

Home » Fable Anniversary » Discussion » Mods » Hard Limit on Book Numbers
Hard Limit on Book Numbers [message #71721] Sat, 30 December 2017 02:43 Go to next message
Sentinel Prime is currently offline  Sentinel Prime
Hi guys,

Was hoping one of the old guard had a minute to cast their eye on something (or if they've dealt with this before).

I've just noticed (much to my OCD annoyance) that Fable Anniversary only allows you to carry a total of 29 books. Any books picked up over this amount will not be added to your inventory. The only way to get more books into your inventory is to remove them via the Book Collection quest then pick up the new ones.

Obviously, this means a lot can be missed.

Is there a way to remove the hard limit on which books can stored in the inventory?

Edit - I can see it was possible with the weapon slots (but I never figured out how to unpack an FMP to view what entries it edits exactly): http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=13605& amp;&srch=inventory#msg_13605

[Updated on: Sat, 30 December 2017 02:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Hard Limit on Book Numbers [message #71734 is a reply to message #71721] Mon, 01 January 2018 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zyreq is currently offline  Zyreq
try renaming the file extension .fmp to .big. then open it with FE just to see what entries they modified. it will give you some insight

No, no word of a lie, never' a lie, seventeen cows I stopped 'em with moi.. one 'and.
Re: Hard Limit on Book Numbers [message #71740 is a reply to message #71734] Tue, 02 January 2018 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That worked a treat thanks a bunch!

For anyone who stumbles on this, check out INVENTORY_CATEGORY and the sections INVENTORY_CATEGORY_DESIGNS, INVENTORY_CATEGORY_TOOLS and INVENTORY_CATEGORY_QUEST_ITEMS - change the "number of slots" to fix.

In related news, Fable Anniversary still has a limit of 55 weapons...
Re: Hard Limit on Book Numbers [message #71749 is a reply to message #71740] Tue, 02 January 2018 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow

Black Crowe

I couldn't find the inventory category for books. Not a single category has 29 slots. Tools comes the closest at 25 slots. Here I changed almost most of the categories to have 999 slots. I've PMd you the extended version of this mod. If it doesn't work, I'll look more into it.

[Updated on: Tue, 23 January 2018 03:00]

Re: Hard Limit on Book Numbers [message #71752 is a reply to message #71721] Wed, 03 January 2018 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll give your one a whirl, though it looks like you have done what I eventually gave up and did.

I couldn't find a value for 29 either - I think some category items are tied to each other. Yesterday I came across a hard limit of 70 on the "Other" items section (where the lamp, guild seal is etc) but everything was set to 150.

It wasn't until later I realised that the total number of books, other items, trophies, food/potion items etc (individual named ones, not the total quantity) was 150.
Re: Hard Limit on Book Numbers [message #71768 is a reply to message #71749] Sun, 14 January 2018 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow

Black Crowe

Dope, so it works? Also I linked the wrong mod and can't edit the post. here

[Updated on: Sun, 14 January 2018 13:14]

Re: Hard Limit on Book Numbers [message #71769 is a reply to message #71768] Mon, 15 January 2018 10:11 Go to previous message
Aye all working now, thanks for the assist!
Previous Topic: Change the heroic mode nerf to trading and traders
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 20 19:13:03 PDT 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01184 seconds