FABLE: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene Site Rules 

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Work In Progress » Fable Anniversary Custom Charatcer Port (Attempting to re rig an old character from a ps2 game for fable)
Fable Anniversary Custom Charatcer Port [message #71864] Sat, 10 March 2018 19:05 Go to next message
candlejack131 is currently offline  candlejack131
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4-tTi9f6NA&t=81s In this video you can see a demonstration that the model has successfully been ripped and used to replace the hero although its run into several conflicts. The material for the hair at parts it should be see through is just black and doesnt sit on top of his head. When I teleport or use assassins rush my textures vanish, and the animations/skeleton overall are still bugged. Any advice from anyone on whats going on here?
Re: Fable Anniversary Custom Charatcer Port [message #71866 is a reply to message #71864] Sun, 11 March 2018 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stoned_Villager is currently offline  Stoned_Villager
Hopefully someone with a bit more knowledge than myself, can help you with this.
Good luck, man!

Just a big fan of the greatest game that was ever created...
Re: Fable Anniversary Custom Charatcer Port [message #71867 is a reply to message #71866] Sun, 11 March 2018 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeeah I think it all comes down to understanding the heros skeleton, im not changing any bones Im simply just trying to connect that skeleton to the mesh. Usually I just open it up in blender scale them both to the right size then hit ctrl+p and parent it with automatic weights. However the arms seem to always be the biggest issue alone with the hair I could just about live with the funny leg. I think maybe whats happening is related to me changing the location of the bones with pose mode instead of just changing the actual location of the bones as the model is posed differently then a common fable model. Fable characters all seem to have there arms further down then the typical T pose.
Re: Fable Anniversary Custom Charatcer Port [message #71868 is a reply to message #71867] Sun, 11 March 2018 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That makes a lot of sense to me, I was even thinking that perhaps the issue was down to the game not recognizing how you want the model.

The texture issue might have something to do with Transparency and Alphas, but don't quote me on that.

Re: Fable Anniversary Custom Charatcer Port [message #71869 is a reply to message #71868] Mon, 12 March 2018 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I moved the bones up a little bit manually and now my arm animations work to but they're stick thin so I really did need to stop trying to change the position of the model and more or less change the position of the bones. Overall I could use some advice but the rig is atleast working "better" after trying to manually move some bones around. However to the part about my textures disappearing when I teleport or use assassins rush I think you are certainly correct about the transparencies and alphas. I have this other side project for replacing certain Nymphs with Boo or King Boo and the same thing happens to them as soon as they teleport/change. How would you figure getting around that? and with that said whats your hypothesis for why the hair texture itself isnt sitting on my models head? I have a feeling its directly related to the model and improperly attached materials, Considering the hair that isnt sitting on the head is just a 2d texture for this model.
Re: Fable Anniversary Custom Charatcer Port [message #71872 is a reply to message #71864] Mon, 12 March 2018 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have seen people say that modding the Heroes hair in TLC is apparently a bit tedious.
I think that's due to the hair originally being dynamic material (a moving mesh or something like that).

Perhaps you need to delete some of the things that are attached to the hero (like animations for example),
to me, it sounds like the games trying to find something that no longer exists.

But like I said, I have no experience. I am just parroting what I have heard.
You might be able to find a guide or two around here.

Re: Fable Anniversary Custom Charatcer Port [message #71876 is a reply to message #71872] Mon, 12 March 2018 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah when you do things like attache the heros normal hair to jack or someone else "usually" you experience tearing. In anniversary most the hairs stored as a skeleton mesh that adds on to your mesh so it makes since that my hair itself is trying to lock on to the heroes head bone but I wonder what id really need to do to get it to stick last time I moved the head bone further up it made my entire head like a bowl. However about the transparencies and alphas you know anything about "applying" those to textures.
Re: Fable Anniversary Custom Charatcer Port [message #71878 is a reply to message #71876] Mon, 12 March 2018 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What file format are your textures?

Re: Fable Anniversary Custom Charatcer Port [message #71882 is a reply to message #71878] Mon, 12 March 2018 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They look to be PNG's? I think if that doesnt sound right ill open it up in the editor and double check. Update just checked exporting them brings them out to still be TGA's but perhaps they're still importing as png's initially anyways I could send you them if youd wanna take a look.

[Updated on: Mon, 12 March 2018 20:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fable Anniversary Custom Charatcer Port [message #71884 is a reply to message #71882] Mon, 12 March 2018 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can't say I have ever used TGA before, but PNGs could work.
It's worth a try.

Make sure the transparent background / the transparency in every image is either black or pink.
I think that's how most programs usually read it.

I am actually in a similar issue with some outfits I managed to retexture.
Some items have an alpha, along with their original retexture.

So, I am stuck on some textures that include transparency with-in them (even if I leave it alone, it just ends up being black squares).

Sure, you can upload it if you want.
It might be useful for anyone who is willing to help you.

[Updated on: Mon, 12 March 2018 22:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fable Anniversary Custom Charatcer Port [message #71892 is a reply to message #71884] Wed, 14 March 2018 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ended up fixing the arms as far as it can be so now my only problems are fixing the textures vanishing when im supposed to become transparent and the textures of the hair staying in place when I move unattached to the model
Re: Fable Anniversary Custom Charatcer Port [message #71893 is a reply to message #71864] Wed, 14 March 2018 23:29 Go to previous message
That's great to hear!

I am currently trying to retexture everything in the game, just so I get a rough idea where things are.
If I get bored, then I try something else for a bit and usually that leads me to something else.

It's like a cycle.

Previous Topic: Project Fem Hero
Next Topic: HOTLINE ALBION
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jun 18 19:59:53 PDT 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01272 seconds