FABLE: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene Site Rules 

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Work In Progress » Fable: The Expanded Chapters (Experience Albion AGAIN, but with MORE content)
Fable: The Expanded Chapters [message #71904] Tue, 15 May 2018 17:48 Go to next message
Stoned_Villager is currently offline  Stoned_Villager
Introduction

After messing about with ChocolateBox for countless frustrating hours, trying to learn how most of it works, I have actually managed to come up with some ideas for region and level scripting mods in Fable. I tried coming up with a small idea first, since that is usually the smart way to approach these things. However, I feel like this is the only kind of region mod that I personally want to make/go for right now.

Now, the current title for this post is simply a Placeholder name - though I kind of like it. I was MAINLY inspired by my research in Fable's Development, Project Ego and even mods like Fable: The New World & the Project Ego Mod, however, I kind of took inspiration from good ideas that I have experienced in other region/level-scripting mods from this site (unfortunately, there aren't that many released) and sort of mashed my own interpretation of it in there. Since I thought it made sense to collect all these great ideas and then put them together in some way. Most of it is filled with my own original ideas though and any ideas that I do end up re-using, I will learn how to do it and try making it myself. Rather than being lazy and flat-out stealing someone else's work. After all, this whole process is for learning.

At the moment, I am still coming up with most of the ideas that I want to implement and just writing this up so that people can get a rough idea of what I am doing. However, 26 hours of progress is already made prior to me writing this and I am probably going to be spending even more hours on it. So, I guess I might as well see what other people think of it?

Remember, that everything you see is currently being worked on. Somethings might change in the end result and I am spending a lot of time testing. Since every mod that I have ever made, is a mod that I have always wanted to use myself.

"So... what is this mod going to be, exactly?"

This mod will be a full-scale TNG edit for Fable: TLC, allowing the player to restart the game and experience the world of Albion in a totally new light.
Everywhere in Albion will look somewhat different and most NPCs/objects/items probably won't be in their original positions.

Not everything will be changed, as I quite like a lot of areas in Fable.
However, I find the original game to be both very linear and easy - so, I want to take advantage of all the assets and space in the game.

So in that case, why not make a mod that rewards players for actually exploring the game? Similar to the way the game was originally intended back in the Project Ego days. While also adding in things here and there, that I thought should of been in the original game to begin with. Like Blue Mushrooms in Lookout Point for example...

...Everyone talks about them, but I see no mushrooms anywhere? Except maybe one female, for one quest, who has one mushroom. Wow.

I even managed to connect most of the regions in Fable, maintaining assets with-in the game that I felt shouldn't be removed. So long as you have the FreeRoam App already installed, then this mod will connect the regions for you. No need to do that part yourself. Since Fable's engine is old and qwerky, I have set it up so there shouldn't be any FPS-dips (I have never experience any, anyways and I play the game on max settings - 1080p with 60FPS everywhere I go). However, my mod probably won't be perfect. I am not going to lie. Expect the potential for bugs, since the mod will require a lot of analysis and it might not be easy for me to catch everything. That's why I would like other peoples feedback if I release an Alpha or Beta version in the future.

That being said, I might recommend lowering the game settings when playing, if you don't have a modern system like my own. If you do have an old PC or slow internet, feel free to try and download/test the mod when it is done. But prepare for a pseudo-beefy mod. I am maintaining a lot of the games world/assets and then building on top of it (while minimizing loading screens in certain areas). This can increase the overall loading times for some people and cause problems if either of their GPU or CPU can't hack it, while running the game.

I also created a spot in the starting area (StartOakvale), that I call 'the Precipice of Fate' and it is a sort of cliff filled with labelled teleporters to different regions. This was originally created for testing purposes, but I might as well give people an actual option for starting anywhere in the game. I guess it also gives people an extra layer of replayability to start wherever they want.

Also, if you liked the quests in Fable then expect them to be removed from this mod. The game crashes if you try making this kind of mod and trigger quests alongside them, so I gutted the markers and quests completely, with the use of ChocolateBox. This also means (though I have yet to properly test it myself), if you have a character that has already completed the game (or is down to one last quest), then it is possible to do the 'New Game+ glitch' and play as a pre-established save file.

------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------

Expect an update soon, with a .RAR File that contains the data that you need to replace in your Fable - TLC Directory.

Mods/Tools that I recommend picking up, before installing my mod:
- The Freeroam App
- Scripted Shopkeeper by Keshire
- Fable Harsh by Keshire
- Larger Inventory Mod (Redone) by JohnDoe
- Weapons/Magic Anywhere and Gold Cap Increased Mod by Synte
- Destructible Environments Mod by Sean_s
- I might also include a vendor that sells as many modded weapons as possible, so just go crazy (inform me if you want to exclude yours, I don't mind, I just thought it would be fun).

Everything else will be done by me (via ChocolateBox and ShadowNet).

Here are some Screenshots of my current progress:

Toggle Spoiler

World Checklist:
----------------
StartOakvale/Bloodstone - (ALPHA Stage)
The Heroes Guild - (ALPHA Stage)
The Guild Woods - (ALPHA Stage)
Lookout Point - (ALPHA Stage)
Picnic Area - (ALPHA Stage)
Bowerstone South - (Working on it)
Bowerstone North - (Working on it)
Bowerstone Jail - (Working on it)
Bowerstone Manor - (Haven't even started)
Greatwood - (Working on it)
Fisherman's Hut - (ALPHA Stage)
Granny's Hut - (Working on it)
Hobbe Cave - (Working on it)
Darkwood - (Working on it)
Chapel of Skorm - (Haven't even started)
Witchwood - (Working on it)
Knothole Glade - (Working on it)
Temple of Avo - (Haven't even started)
The Graveyard - (Haven't even started)
Prison Island - (Haven't even started)
Bargate Prison - (Haven't even started)
Kraken's Lair - (Haven't even started)
Hook Coast - (Haven't even started)
The Lost Bay - (Haven't even started)
Northern Wastes - (Haven't even started)
Snowspire - (Haven't even started)
Dragoncliff - (Haven't even started)
Demon Door Areas - (Haven't even started)

Just a big fan of the greatest game that was ever created...

[Updated on: Thu, 24 May 2018 13:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fable: The Expanded Chapters [message #71905 is a reply to message #71904] Sat, 19 May 2018 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mafiux is currently offline  mafiux
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked OSOM!

How long did it take you? Do you do it alone? Maybe I could help you paint some textures! for example, a few days I modify the Cutlass Bluetane texture,

and ... I also made a retextured a little bit "+18" hahaha do not ban me please x3

Re: Fable: The Expanded Chapters [message #71906 is a reply to message #71905] Sun, 20 May 2018 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your comment and those are some cool retextures you got going on here!
You should post the files for them here, so other people can enjoy them Smile

Unfortunately, I don't think retextures and stuff like that will be essential for this mod.
It changes objects and architecture in the world. Not the appearance/texture of things.

I appreciate your support and offer though, seriously.

And yes, I am creating this all by myself.
Though, I have had help from moderators on this site with regards to tips and information.

It's not done yet, however, I am still in the process of making it because it connects and changes every level in the game.
There is a checklist on the original post, if you would to see my progress on the project.

[Updated on: Sun, 20 May 2018 06:31]

Re: Fable: The Expanded Chapters [message #71911 is a reply to message #71904] Tue, 22 May 2018 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here are a few more screenshots on my progress with the first town, which I have been customizing.

Since there were content still in the game, referencing a place called Bloodstone (which they later implemented into Fable 2), I decided to convert StartOakvale and call it Bloodstone.

I am not trying to replicate Bloodstone, but I want to give it a unique feeling compared to the other towns. However, I don't know how to make it say Bloodstone whenever I visit the region. You can freely teleport back here through the Heroes Guild Teleport Pedestal via the Precipice of Fate.

Edit: If anyone would like to give me ideas on what they would like in a Fable mod, I could try and implement it in some way.

Bloodstone (StartOakvale) Screenshots

[Updated on: Thu, 24 May 2018 13:30]

Re: Fable: The Expanded Chapters [message #71912 is a reply to message #71911] Tue, 22 May 2018 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

I made the rats bigger so it's easier to kill them.
I like the swing in the Bloodstone pic, I'd never seen that before.

Re: Fable: The Expanded Chapters [message #71913 is a reply to message #71912] Tue, 22 May 2018 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh, that actually works? Fair enough, I noticed they had an animation, but I assumed they were uninteractive.
If that makes sense?

Edit: Looks like you're sort of right. I am able to use Ranged attacks on them, but I can't use melee.

Also, that isn't a swing haha. But that's a good way to look at it, now that you mentioned it.
I just moved a bench from Oakvale, inside a 'Bloodstone Tavern' tent.

Since NPCs seem to love walking from one to the other, all day.

I think that might just be the way they are put together.
And the reason it probably doesn't look familiar is because it isn't used in the retail game.

[Updated on: Tue, 22 May 2018 23:14]

Re: Fable: The Expanded Chapters [message #71914 is a reply to message #71904] Thu, 24 May 2018 07:17 Go to previous message
If you have already downloaded and installed the mods listed above, then feel free to download this alpha version of the starting town - Bloodstone!
(which is StartOakvale, but changed around) It isn't completed, but I have all the ideas down for people to test.

Trust me, it won't be perfect and somethings were left messed up on purpose (not really on-purpose, I just haven't fixed it yet).
So download this mod if you want, but let me know if you run into any bugs or issues.

Installation - Mandatory:
1) Install the Freeroam App
2) Change the file name for FinalAbion.wad
3) Download any other mods that you are interested in using (list in first post)
4) Download all the files that I have attached to this post

The Easy Method:
1) Extract all the files from Bloodstone ALPHA
2) Copy the folder Fable The Lost Chapters into the same location as your Fable:TLC game files
3) It should ask to copy every single file, click yes
4) Start a new game

The Longer Method:
1) Extract all the files from Bloodstone ALPHA
2) Copy the file userst, into Fable:TLC's main directory
3) Copy the file FinalAlbion.wld into the folder Levels
4) Copy the files inside the folder FinalAlbion and replace the files in your games FinalAlbion folder
5) It will ask to replace every file that I have stated above, click yes
6) Start a new game

[Updated on: Thu, 24 May 2018 13:36]

Previous Topic: HOTLINE ALBION
Next Topic: Forum Rules
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 24 20:30:26 PDT 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01367 seconds