Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Fable: Trials of Albion -- FOR Dummies (Xbox)
Fable: Trials of Albion -- FOR Dummies (Xbox) [message #7195] Thu, 23 March 2006 14:38 Go to next message
gamedreamz is currently offline  gamedreamz
Hey guys. This is an excellent Mod. After much trial and error, I was able to get it to work. I typed up this extensive tutorial so that it will be easily accessible to people since the existing directions on the forum are scattered or incomplete.

Fable: Trials of Albion FOR Dummies Very Happy

:::::::::::

Needed:

• Retail Copy of Fable: The Lost Chapters

• Hard Modded Xbox

• FTP Abilities from PC to Xbox

• Freeroaming App: Download HERE: http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=29&s tart=0&

• Trials of Albion Patch: http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=thread&frm_id=6 &

[U]1. FTP all the Fable: TLC files from your Xbox to your PC. You can use a program called Craxtion (http://www.craxtion.com/) to rip your store-bought disc directly or burn to your HDD and FTP the files to your PC (I use Quix: http://www.teamavalaunch.com/qwix/)[/U]

2. Ok, so now you have the Fable directory, including all sub-folders on your PC.

a. Open the main directory and find a folder named “Data”. Open that and find “Levels.”

b. Open that and CREATE a new folder named “finalalbion”

3. Open the FreeRoam Application.

a. Back-up your FinalAlbion.wad file. Rename it FinalAlbion.bak or something.

b. On the upper-left hand corner of the application, click file.

c. Select “Open”

d. Locate FinalAlbion.wad in the Levels directory.

e. Hit the big button that says “RIP”

f. Dump all the extracted files into the “finalalbion” folder you created

4. Set-up the directory

a. The FreeRoam application makes sub folders in your “finalalbion” folder (“Levels” and a newer “FinalAlbion” directory will exist). They are unnecessary and your files will not work if they are in them. Move all the files (mostly tngs) from the sub folder into the “finalalbion” folder. Delete the now empty sub-folders

NOW **Replace all the files with the files from the Trials of Albion Patch.***

b. Move 2 files: “creature_hub.lev” and “creature_hub.tng” from the new “finalalbion” folder up one level to the main “Level” directory.

5. Edit your xuserst.ini file with windows notepad

a. Locate a line of code: UseLevelWAD (use edit/find if needed)

b.Replace the text “TRUE” with “false”

6. Delete or move your original “FinalAlbion.wad” file so that it cannot be accessed in the “Levels” directory. Your Xbox will automatically access your new “finalalbion” directory for the necessary tng files.

7. Delete your cache. Load 3 other games on your Xbox.

8. Load up the game on your HDD or burn to disc.

9. Create a new profile. You cannot use an existing profile.

10. Play the game. You will know if the mod worked if:

a. The game doesn’t crash. If it does, make sure you got rid of those sub-directories and moved the files as instructed.
b. The game is free-roaming (i.e.: you can climb hills and go outside pre-existing boundaries) You can test this immediately in Oakvale.
c. There’s a chest in the guild with all hairstyles (next to the melee combat training area)
d. The coffins in the courtyard have custom, misspelled engravings on the gravestones.

Hope this helps! Surprised

[Updated on: Thu, 23 March 2006 15:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fable: Trials of Albion -- FOR Dummies (Xbox) [message #7357 is a reply to message #7195] Tue, 28 March 2006 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Drifter is currently offline  Drifter
Interesting. This might knock down the number of posts about whether or not the fable mods work with the Xbox.
Re: Fable: Trials of Albion -- FOR Dummies (Xbox) [message #7363 is a reply to message #7195] Wed, 29 March 2006 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
int3rsc0px is currently offline  int3rsc0px
Would this mod work for the original Fable?
Re: Fable: Trials of Albion -- FOR Dummies (Xbox) [message #7407 is a reply to message #7195] Fri, 31 March 2006 17:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
best_ninja is currently offline  best_ninja
i know this is kind of a noob question, but a... does this work for fable tlc for computer
Re: Fable: Trials of Albion -- FOR Dummies (Xbox) [message #7452 is a reply to message #7407] Wed, 05 April 2006 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
The instructions here are for transferring the mod to the xbox as is clearly written in the title. Using the mod on the pc would involve starting at 2a to 6 then doing 9 to 10. I believe the mod was originally created for the pc build but I haven't tried it myself. The easiest thing to do would be to download it and try it for yourself. Remember to backup any files that will be altered.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.
Re: Fable: Trials of Albion -- FOR Dummies (Xbox) [message #7456 is a reply to message #7452] Wed, 05 April 2006 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Drifter is currently offline  Drifter
I know i'm just confirming but:

Yeah,it was made with the PC version, and yes it will work with both versions just fine.
Re: Fable: Trials of Albion -- FOR Dummies (Xbox) [message #22474 is a reply to message #7456] Tue, 24 July 2007 18:01 Go to previous message
Art2Fly is currently offline  Art2Fly

thanks i needed this because there is
EXTREMELY limited support on the xbox version i'm sad i mean i would get the pc version but i have 198 mb's of ram... not to mention 23 max gigs
Previous Topic: Some problems with treasure chests
Next Topic: What do I use to edit 3d meshes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:33:15 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01577 seconds