Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » Hero of Oakvale. Alive or dead?
Hero of Oakvale. Alive or dead? [message #69582] Sat, 28 September 2013 14:37 Go to next message
UnKnown is currently offline  UnKnown
Well I'm just curious what most people here think if Hero of Oakvale is still alive after all Fable games that have been released. I am also interested in which fact's you are basing on if you believe he is alive or dead.

Made in China
Re: Hero of Oakvale. Alive or dead? [message #69583 is a reply to message #69582] Sat, 28 September 2013 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

If he was alive, he'd have been able to easily deal with the problems that faced the Hero of Bowerstone and the Hero of Brightwall, especially with either the Sword of Aeons or Avo's Tear on his side.

Honestly, I believe he died among the other Heroes when the Guild was overrun. Probably overwhelmed by sheer numbers, and took a blade in the back or the side. Theresa probably only survived because she wasn't in the vicinity of the Guild, and her only association with it was through her brother.

Also, you REALLY think someone as powerful as the Hero of Oakvale would've gone unnoticed for that long? He would've had to fight for his life numerous times, and someone that powerful doing such would've shown.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Hero of Oakvale. Alive or dead? [message #69589 is a reply to message #69583] Sun, 29 September 2013 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But Lionhead confirmed that Scythe was the one who is taking care of Rose(If you chose love ending in Fable II) so maybe Hero of Oakvale might be alive or not... I got 2 reasons why I might think Hero of Oakvale might be alive. First the Bloodline.
The ancient Archons were immortal except that they could get killed and get sick etc. Also there is Theresa who were immortal so why not Hero of Oakvale? It even says in the logbook that the ancient bloodline runs much stronger in Hero of Oakvale than Theresa. So if Theresa could be immortal and not her brother, wouldn't that make no sense at all?
The second fact is the ending in Fable TLC. Now if Hero of Oakvale still isn't immortal even though his bloodline is much more stronger than Theresa(screw logic), there is still the fact that hero of Oakvale could chose to wear the mask of J.O.B. It clearly says that he would turn into immortal if he wore the mask, just like the guy who wore the mask before. (if not... screw logic again and chairs can fly in light of speed)
Many mistakes that the hero gets controlled by J.O.B if he wears the mask but that's not true, if you wait after the after text and go to logbook it says that the Hero took control over J.O.B and not the other way around.
Still there is the fact why he didn't do anything when Albion were in danger. Maybe Scythe sealed him if the Hero wore the mask or maybe another guy sealed him if he didn't wore the mask, or maybe he died of old age, (screw logic again) or maybe he is not in Albion any longer. (oh also about when they destroyed the guild I don't think they could succeeded in killing him, I mean seriously he even could destroy the world if he now wanted it to end he got after all Sword of Aeon's or Avos Tear)
Well is there anymore thought's?
(oh also I'm sorry if my grammar aren't the greatest)

Made in China
Re: Hero of Oakvale. Alive or dead? [message #69590 is a reply to message #69589] Sun, 29 September 2013 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

There's one problem with your statements, there. Immortal doesn't necessarily mean you can't die. There are many instances of immortality throughout various instances of fiction, wherein a mortal wound will still kill an immortal. Rolling Eyes

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Hero of Oakvale. Alive or dead? [message #69592 is a reply to message #69590] Mon, 30 September 2013 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yeah I said that early on my comment that they can get sickness and get killed. But if the Hero wears the mask of J.O.B I seriously don't think he can get killed or mortally wounded and I also think he is immune to sickness since the man who wore the mask of J.O.B didn't get sick although that man lost control over the mask and in this case the hero took control over him.
I still think someone can defeat him but that means someone extremely strong stronger than any other hero who have lived in fable history.

Maybe we will find out hints from the new Fable game Fable Legends. Since the Evil guy there looks little alike J.O.B maybe there is some connections there.

Made in China
Re: Hero of Oakvale. Alive or dead? [message #69594 is a reply to message #69592] Mon, 30 September 2013 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Dude, Jack's mask is just a means of Jack to keep living. His soul, at least, what little of one he has left, is bound to the mask. Anyone who wears it, except the Hero of Oakvale, has their soul either supressed or ejected as Jack's takes over. Other than that, the mask has no special abilities.

Re: Hero of Oakvale. Alive or dead? [message #69597 is a reply to message #69594] Mon, 30 September 2013 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Though he get's the power what is left in his soul like the immortality right? Jack said that he would be immortal if he wore the mask and the hero did and managed to take control over him so he is basically immortal right? (though he can get killed)

Made in China
Re: Hero of Oakvale. Alive or dead? [message #69598 is a reply to message #69597] Mon, 30 September 2013 17:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Jack himself is immortal, and the Hero is immortal, but for two completely different reasons. Jack is immortal because he's bound to the mask, and the Hero is immortal due to his bloodline. Both can be killed, however.

Also, Jack was obviously lying when he said that wearing the mask would make you more powerful. It didn't do shit other than give you an assload of evil points.

Re: Hero of Oakvale. Alive or dead? [message #69599 is a reply to message #69598] Tue, 01 October 2013 00:36 Go to previous message
Well that's what I keep saying to other people but most say "screw logic".

What I meant is that even if people say "screw logic" the mask still covers up. Maybe not in game but in the lore.
Thought the mask should make him immortal (in case the bloodline immortality doesn't work, like I said before in case people keep saying "screw logic")
Since Jack was immortal (though he can get killed) and the Hero took control over him he should gain the immortal if you think logically.

So even if people say "screw logic" about the bloodline they can't say "screw logic" to the mask.

But either way I think the bloodline cover up even if people say "screw logic". I am glad that there is someone other than me who understand common logic in a strong bloodline.
I mean just go to Fable wiki they say that he either died of age or got killed. I understand the part about that he can get killed and that it is possible but that would be extremely hard and the part about "died of age"... They seriously need to replay the game and read the lore...

So I think there is a higher chance that he is alive than he is dead. Why he haven't showed up yet maybe will be revealed or never will be. (if you think about what Lionhead does now...)

Oh yeah what I meant with "immortality" in case I haven't made it clear yet is that they can't die of old age.

Made in China

[Updated on: Tue, 01 October 2013 00:37]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Epic modders then and somewhat more recently.
Next Topic: Spawning a chest
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:40:30 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01046 seconds