Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » Gift of youth @ Avo's Temple
Gift of youth @ Avo's Temple [message #69609] Sun, 06 October 2013 08:56 Go to next message
qwez0r is currently offline  qwez0r
After spending some time looking for a specific topic, I failed to find one.

Basically, I want to change how young you can become at Avo's Temple. Like when Avo gives you gift of youth, Hero will become younger by X years ("X" depends on changed variable or something). Like he always makes you younger by 30 years.
Also it would be cool to change it for Skorm's "blessing" as well.
Now, where is this function? Is it possible to mod it?

PS: I'm not looking for delayed aging or mods that cap max age etc. I've found them, but they are different from what I'm looking for.
Re: Gift of youth @ Avo's Temple [message #69610 is a reply to message #69609] Sun, 06 October 2013 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

I think that that's handled in the cutscene, but I'm not sure... Try breaking out Baystone's cutscene editor and see what you can come up with, I guess.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Gift of youth @ Avo's Temple [message #69611 is a reply to message #69609] Mon, 07 October 2013 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
scarra is currently offline  scarra
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z8KSrCL7NU
Sorry for putting a link.(i dont know if i can do it)
But the guy here explained all of it
I hope it is this video what you were asking about,my english is very bad

Haters gonna hate.
Re: Gift of youth @ Avo's Temple [message #69612 is a reply to message #69611] Mon, 07 October 2013 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

His problem isn't performing the age reduction, he just wants to increase how much it reduces your age by. Rolling Eyes

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Gift of youth @ Avo's Temple [message #69613 is a reply to message #69609] Mon, 07 October 2013 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
scarra is currently offline  scarra
Hmm
Probably in Fable Explorer
Dont ask me im new Smile

Haters gonna hate.
Re: Gift of youth @ Avo's Temple [message #70275 is a reply to message #69613] Tue, 08 April 2014 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LittleV is currently offline  LittleV
I wanna bump this up so as to not create something new. I'm thinking about this problem of age... There's a function for it, right? An 8 digit controler do add and subtract age, like fatness, experience, day/night cycles, etc. There has to be, since it's one of the rewards at the Temples.

So how difficult would it be to put that property into an item. Lke there is an Age of Wisdom potion, and a Moonfish, etc.. There should also be a rejuvenation Tofu, and a Draining Chick, I guess...

Do any of the greats have any idea of how to pursue this? If you could give us some pointers, we might try this out.

Pillowtalk,

V

"...the avatar is, to the metallic memory of chronology, what the subject is to the fruitful forgetfulness of History."
Re: Gift of youth @ Avo's Temple [message #70277 is a reply to message #70275] Tue, 08 April 2014 16:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xxNick is currently offline  xxNick
LittleV wrote on Tue, 08 April 2014 18:38

I wanna bump this up so as to not create something new. I'm thinking about this problem of age... There's a function for it, right? An 8 digit controler do add and subtract age, like fatness, experience, day/night cycles, etc. There has to be, since it's one of the rewards at the Temples.

So how difficult would it be to put that property into an item. Lke there is an Age of Wisdom potion, and a Moonfish, etc.. There should also be a rejuvenation Tofu, and a Draining Chick, I guess...

Do any of the greats have any idea of how to pursue this? If you could give us some pointers, we might try this out.

Pillowtalk,

V

Can't be done. Recently talked about this over on the LH forums, and I'm sure I shattered a dream or two in the process. Link.

The raw deal is that there are limits to what an item can do. Those limits depend on the type of item. Armor is limited by the CAppearanceModifierDef and ARMOUR entries, and can do stuff like alter armor ratings (obviously) and change alignment, scariness, attractiveness. Weapons can do, well, nothing bearing weight in this discussion.

Consumables is where the real money is at. Those are things like potions and food items, and they are governed by the CBonusItemDef. There, you can make an item do a number of things to the player, but nothing in there will alter age.

Re: Gift of youth @ Avo's Temple [message #70279 is a reply to message #70277] Tue, 08 April 2014 18:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
"Uh... excuse me, Mr. President? That's not entirely accurate."
"What, which part?"

xxNick wrote on Tue, 08 April 2014 18:51

The mechanics of the game, as is, don't allow any way to reverse, slow down or stop aging or age morphing. It would require a laborious effort in actual editing of the core of the game, since that's where it's all handled.

Line 7253: 		<Control name="MinAge" id="FE03219A">
	Line 7256: 		<Control name="MaxAge" id="7C4023DF">
	Line 9238: 		<Control name="ChapelActivationAge" id="C4612DB0">
	Line 9283: 		<Control name="ChapelDonationRewardAgeMin" id="1CA032E1">
	Line 9286: 		<Control name="ChapelDonationRewardAgeVar" id="CA3A992D">
	Line 9797: 		<Control name="BardHeroAgeHigh" id="B479A4D8">
	Line 9800: 		<Control name="BardHeroAgeMedium" id="BD53714E">
	Line 9815: 		<Control name="TempleActivationAge" id="109EC657">
	Line 9857: 		<Control name="TempleDonationRewardAgeMin" id="C9A3D64E">
	Line 9860: 		<Control name="TempleDonationRewardAgeVar" id="1F397D82">
	Line 11046: 		<Control name="BAC_AgeAmount" id="27742483">
	Line 12525: 		<Control name="AgeIncreasePerLevelUp" id="463C44A1">

Min and Max age is HERO_STATS
AgeIncreasePerLevelUp is GLOBAL
The rest are probably script bin.

But otherwise correct, nothing item based.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: Gift of youth @ Avo's Temple [message #70280 is a reply to message #70279] Tue, 08 April 2014 19:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, so let me provoke this clash of titans and ask, knowing nothing about what are scripts or how they work, would it be then possible, since age increase/decrease does actually take place as script, since you actually do it at the temples, to link that script to an item, to trigger, for example on use?

Or if not, then could you copy that script and activate it as, say, part of a conversation with another NPC?

'Cause here I'm thinking: put an old lady right next to the three-mushroom lady at Bwrstn, the same model, say it's her sister. That should be pretty easy, maybe even I could do that with Cbox? Then you associate that age-changing script with a small conversation and a two-way branch were you can ask her to make you younger or older (being sort of a writer, I could also write that bit of actual text). She could ask you for money, or even better, some ingredients, maybe?

Eventually we could put a third old lady doing something else that's cool, and call it the three furies mod. How cool is that?

"...the avatar is, to the metallic memory of chronology, what the subject is to the fruitful forgetfulness of History."
Re: Gift of youth @ Avo's Temple [message #70281 is a reply to message #70279] Tue, 08 April 2014 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire wrote on Tue, 08 April 2014 20:59

"Uh... excuse me, Mr. President? That's not entirely accurate."
"What, which part?"

Let me just gloat a second. I was referred to as Mr. President by Keshire. Even if facetiously and in a reference to Independence Day, I'm feeling pretty good about it. Razz
It was poor phrasing on my part. Should throw a *without modding disclaimer in there.

LittleV wrote on Tue, 08 April 2014 21:16

link that script to an item

Nope. Only way is to run through the chapel stuff. I recently went through all the cutscenes as well and found nothing to indicate the modifying of age is being handled there, which rules out anything that can be done through conversation.

Re: Gift of youth @ Avo's Temple [message #70282 is a reply to message #69609] Tue, 08 April 2014 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
So here's the problem with that. The scripts are tied to the quest scripts which are compiled into the main exe. Those are offlimits to most people. So when you attach a script to something your calling the quest.

Now concept-wise:
I 'think' the donation stuff is tied to these markers maybe?
NewThing Marker;
Player -1;
UID 18446741874686298213;
DefinitionType "MARKER_BASIC";
ScriptName TOL_PrayerPoint;
ScriptData "NULL";
ThingGamePersistent FALSE;
ThingLevelPersistent FALSE;
StartCTCPhysicsStandard;
PositionX 11.839111;
PositionY 18.645752;
PositionZ 88.120308;
RHSetForwardX 0.0;
RHSetForwardY 0.999994;
RHSetForwardZ 0.0;
RHSetUpX 0.0;
RHSetUpY 0.0;
RHSetUpZ 0.999994;
EndCTCPhysicsStandard;
StartCTCEditor;
EndCTCEditor;
Health 1.0;
EndThing;

The important bit being ScriptName TOL_PrayerPoint

These things in the game.bin allow you to specify an attached script:
#definition CREATURE CREATURE_OAKVALE_VILLAGER_MALE_SHOPKEEPER
DefaultScriptName		"TC_Villager";

#definition EXPRESSION EXPRESSION_PICKPOCKET
ScriptName				"Expression_Pickpocket";

#definition OBJECT OBJECT_GUILD_SEAL_1
					<CActivateQuestDef>
						ScriptName				"Global_TeleportToHeroGuild";
						LoadResources			FALSE;
					<\CActivateQuestDef>

'IF' it works, it should only bring up the donation menu.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: Gift of youth @ Avo's Temple [message #70283 is a reply to message #70282] Tue, 08 April 2014 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So you're thinking portable chapel donation/sacrifice altar? I bet that could work. If it does, it wouldn't be all that different from the experience pedestal you had set up some time ago. The part that makes it kind of cool is in being able to implement it in a way other than how the stock game does it.

Re: Gift of youth @ Avo's Temple [message #70284 is a reply to message #70283] Wed, 09 April 2014 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
xxNick wrote on Wed, 09 April 2014 01:54

So you're thinking portable chapel donation/sacrifice altar? I bet that could work. If it does, it wouldn't be all that different from the experience pedestal you had set up some time ago. The part that makes it kind of cool is in being able to implement it in a way other than how the stock game does it.

That's what I was thinking. I have no idea if it'll work or not.

But I'm pretty sure you are still stuck with how the quest itself is built. Meaning there are only the 3 reward tiers that you can only receive once. Does setting the quest to always be true let you get around that, because I don't know offhand?

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.

[Updated on: Wed, 09 April 2014 06:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Gift of youth @ Avo's Temple [message #70287 is a reply to message #70284] Wed, 09 April 2014 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's looking exciting. Wish I knew how to help. I'm gonna go ahead and think of myself as the muse for this one.

Another one: isn't the text we receive on the text boxes attached to text.bin? In which casw, couldn't I change what it says when you activate the well? (In order to make it a little more story friendly, is what I'm thinking).

Re: Gift of youth @ Avo's Temple [message #70288 is a reply to message #70287] Wed, 09 April 2014 07:44 Go to previous message

Administrator
LittleV wrote on Wed, 09 April 2014 09:35

It's looking exciting. Wish I knew how to help. I'm gonna go ahead and think of myself as the muse for this one.

LOL, No. It's the opposite. We're the muses.

This is all basic stuff, and a good learning experience. Create or hijack a villager, object, or expression and change the script entry in the game.bin. If you create an object make sure you attach the CActivateQuestDef to it.

Then get it in game. Add the villager via TNG, add the expression if you don't have it already. Add the object to a chest or something. Talk to the NPC, use the expression, use the object. I don't know.

Personally, I'd throw the CActivateQuestDef onto a consumable. It'd be like a prayer coin or rosary bead or something.

If after all this it does nothing. Then we're missing something and we'll need to look a little harder at what this quest is doing.

LittleV wrote on Wed, 09 April 2014 09:35

Another one: isn't the text we receive on the text boxes attached to text.bin? In which casw, couldn't I change what it says when you activate the well? (In order to make it a little more story friendly, is what I'm thinking).

Yes. Smile

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.

[Updated on: Wed, 09 April 2014 07:48]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Request - Separate controls for block/roll
Next Topic: BayStone's Lev tool
Goto Forum: