Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » How to modify part of the mesh
How to modify part of the mesh [message #69648] Fri, 25 October 2013 23:03 Go to next message
utharaptor is currently offline  utharaptor
Hello everydoby !
I read all the forum but I didn't find any anwers about what I want to do, so I hope find a answer by posting it.

I want to modify the mesh of Lady Grey and change some vertices (for exemple, change his nose or her hands, something like that, in any case, I just want to modify a little).
So first, I open ShadowNet (or chocolate box), double click on graphic, select lady grey model (number 5100) and select Save Model LOD. After that, I downloaded 3D Object Converter (I found it on the forum), it's the best way I found to convert .x into a other extension which can be read by Blender. So I convert the model into Wavefront .obj and open it with Blender. I modify the mesh then export it in .x
I select all options possible, here is the list :
- Export Selected Object Only
- Export meshes
- Export Normals
- Flip normal
- Export UV Coordinates
- Export materials
- Export vertex colors
- Export skin weights
- Apply modifier
- Export armature bones
- Export rest position
- Export animations
- Include frame rate
- Export actions as AnimationSets
- Attach unused actions to first
- Verbose

and when I go back to ShadowNet and select load, I've got this error :
Error during X-file parsing.
HRESULT = 88760390

Can someone help me to resolve that problem ?

Thanks for your help and thanks to read this!
Re: How to modify part of the mesh [message #69651 is a reply to message #69648] Sat, 26 October 2013 19:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
Converting the mesh removes all kinds of stuff including bones I think... Either the bones or the skin modifier or both. So yeah you sorta need that stuff. Blender editing is too hard. 3DS max 9 was the best but now that it has randomly started rotating my models, there really is no other way to edit meshes. Unless we get some more templates for blender so it will have the bones in it already... But I don't think that will happen. You could try the model injector to inject skinweights from the original mesh or you could load the mesh you edited into a weapon graphic and then export it, then inject skinweights... That might work

Are you shpongled?
Re: How to modify part of the mesh [message #69652 is a reply to message #69651] Sat, 26 October 2013 22:28 Go to previous message
utharaptor is currently offline  utharaptor
Thanks a lot for your answer !
I didn't think that it was so hard to change even just a little a model...but anyway, I will try what your propose Wink !

So, if I understand well, I don't really need to get 3DS max 9 ?

I can just try to use the model injector and inject the original skinweights on my own model, or transform it as a weapon model (I don't know how to do this but I will search a answer across the forum) and then inject skinweights.

Thanks a lot for your fast answer, I will post again to say if I success or if I fail Wink
Previous Topic: Bad skinweighting?
Next Topic: Blender Help: Texturing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:45:41 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01176 seconds