Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » Blender Help: Texturing
Blender Help: Texturing [message #69707] Sun, 03 November 2013 14:06 Go to next message
Dr3am3r21 is currently offline  Dr3am3r21
Hi guys! Smile . So... I have a couple of problems using blender but the most important is the TEXTURE part.. I can create a couple of amature weapons but I don't know how to make texture for them so I end up using one of the game textures for my weapon... Could someone please upload a guide on how to make my own textures?(I don't care if it's a video guide or just a simple guide) Smile I would be really greatful Smile

Mod FTW!!! :D
Cpt Dreamer Designs
http://i42.tinypic.com/33ushnt.jpg
Re: Blender Help: Texturing [message #69710 is a reply to message #69707] Sun, 03 November 2013 18:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Moved to Graphics Editing due to the nature of the content.

Now then, it's actually pretty simple. Go into Vertex Select mode, select all of your mesh's vertices, then in your UV/Image Editor window, select UVs/UV Unwrap.

This will automatically create a UV map around the window, which you can then scale and futz around with. Once you have it to your satisfaction, select UVs/Save UV Face Layout. This will allow you to export your UV map as a .tga, .eps, or .svg image.

From there, you can open it up in GIMP, Photoshop, or another image editor, and use your UV map as the basis around which you can create your texture.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Blender Help: Texturing [message #69721 is a reply to message #69710] Mon, 04 November 2013 10:12 Go to previous message
Dr3am3r21 is currently offline  Dr3am3r21
thx ascmint i am gonna try it Smile

5/11/2013

OMG!! Thx man!! i finally made it Very Happy (not perfect... but good for a start Very Happy) thx a lots man Smile

Mod FTW!!! :D
Cpt Dreamer Designs
http://i42.tinypic.com/33ushnt.jpg

[Updated on: Tue, 05 November 2013 12:16]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: How to modify part of the mesh
Next Topic: [Mesh Help]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:02:38 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01074 seconds